yellow tang ?

marcs4020

I was looking at putting in a yellow tang in my aquarium. It is a 30 gal high. I was wondering if this would be a suitable amount of space. I looked at a few places online and I can't seem to get a straight answer on what the recomended tank size is.
Thanks
Marc

thesamm

i would definatly not do it.....i mean there are many people that do but i wouldnt even put one in my 90...hope this answers, but there are so many other fish besides a yellow tank that are way suitable...and in my opinion way cooler(dwarf angels, clowns, wrasses, gobies, blennies, etc.) just look around for a while....:yes:

wax32

Tangs need a LOT of room. They grow big and need swimming room. TheSamm mentioned dwarf angels, but they aren't recommended for small tanks either.

timo

Originally posted by wax32
... but they aren't recommended for small tanks either.

Huh?
Anyway, Dwarf angels do just fine in smaller (30g) tanks.
They can be antagonistic towards some smaller fish.

snipe

go with some pygmy angles just as pretty and not as big. Though you have to watch on the dwarfs they can get up to 7 inches long. But from what I have researched you have to watch all of them on eating on hard corals and stuff like that.

pontius

most dwarf angels (centropyge) stay around 3 inches full grown. there are a few that get bigger. most are not considered a threat to corals. they may nip occassionally, but usually not do enough to do damage. a pygmy angel is one of the smallest (and meanest) of the dwarf angels.

thesamm

i think you should get a dwarf angel...like a flame, half black, coral beauty those all stay around 3-4 inches:D

timo

Properly fed, they aren't big swimmers, ergo the smaller tank requirements.
They are also quite pretty.