yellow tang

jthomas0385

I got a new real small yellow tang today for my 55 gallon tank. I plan on keeping him for a while till he outgrows my tank, then he will be moving into a 300 gallon tank, that he would fit perfectly in. Any advice for while hes in my care?? thank you.

m0nk

He's likely going to get rather territorial in there (too small of a tank for that type of fish, imo), so just be sure there aren't any inhabitants that are already territorial or they'll fight quite a bit.
Also, make sure you have plenty of well established live rock so he can graze. Feed algae sheets often.

jthomas0385

alright. I do have a lot of well established LR. If it doesn't work out even at his size I can always move him to the 300 gallon we have a work.

pastor b.

Dear hobbyist,I bought a 2"yellow tang for my 75 gallon Aquarium about 2 years ago, with in a year it grew to 3". Yellow Tangs can be quite aggressive if they're put in your tank first.Y t's should be placed last in the home aquarium . Right now,my Y t is 5.5"in my 150 gallon aquarium along with 3 other tangs,and is doing just fine .

ladies man 246

Originally Posted by m0nk
He's likely going to get rather territorial in there (too small of a tank for that type of fish, imo), so just be sure there aren't any inhabitants that are already territorial or they'll fight quite a bit.
Also, make sure you have plenty of well established live rock so he can graze. Feed algae sheets often.
Pretty much what he said!