Yellow w/ Purple Tang?

bigpete

i think it would be fine. i know purple tangs and really agro, but a tank that size they should be fine. try getting a purple tang that is the same size as your yellows...or if you havent done so already...add them all at the same time.

acrylic300

Sounds good then. The Yellow Tangs are three different sizes, the big one doesn't bother anyone. The two smaller ones are more agressive. I'll probably go with what ever size is available if I ever find one.
I can confirm that Tangs like long spaces. The large one swims back and fourth the full 8 feet all day long. I should calculate how many miles a day it swims. It never stops untill the lights go off.

smoney

If I were you I would put two purple tangs, those things are so cool. Just to let you know, Yellow tangs need 50 gallons which you have clearly enough room and purple tangs need 100 gallons, so you are just fine. Purple tangs are a bit aggressive though.

nimo1969

would 37g with a lots of LR be ok for (1)yellow tang ?? or to small they say I need 50g tank ?
Nimo1969

fishking

my yellow picks on my brown scopas tang=(, you think i could get another yellow tang or even a foxface???