yellowish algae during day, gone at night

I

innerdragon103

Hey,
So for like about three weeks now, ever since i did my last water change, there's been like this yellowish algae on the sand... if you stir it up it dissipates like powder. If you leave it alone, it goes away at night, but then in the morning when the lights come on it comes back.
Things that have changed since this algae started:
--started feeding the fish brine shrimp instead of fish pellets (food sits in tap water in the fridge then i pour it in)
--stopped putting any additives in because the alkilinity is toooo high, and actually the coralline has really started to grow so im very confused about that
Anyone got any ideas??? I know keepin the food in tap water isnt good but my buddy does it and his fish tank looks beautiful and sparkly clean, he has a 29 biocube. I hope you guys can help because its really killing the way my tank looks...

brandon7491

ahhh dude no biggy, i mean if u keep ur lights on for over 6hrs which i did then thats the problem. this is what u do keep ur lights on for 4 hrs and then turn them off for the rest of the day. ur hermit crabs will eat all the remaining algae. if ur nitrate and nitrite levels are good u can keep ur moonglow on all day even at night. i hope this answers ur question