Yerboy's 15 gallon office build

yerboy

I have not been very active on this site in quite some time but i would like to share with you by new build.
It's an acrylic 20x16x11 rimless tank with external overflow built by macilwu. You can find his products on ebay and I must say he does very nice work and is a pleasure to deal with.
Equipment
Lighting is a DIY 24LEDs 12 Royal Blue 12 Cool White that are dimmable via 5k pot. Currently using 40deg optics but i think i will be switching out to 65deg in the near future.

Pum
ps consist of a Eheim 1260 return pump and 2x tunze 6045s and quite possibly one of the tunze will be coming out as its just to much flow i think.

Vertex IN-100 skimmer sits inside a 20 gallon sump.

A few pieces of LR from my 190's sump and we are almost ready for livestock.
A Few lighting photos
Only Royal Blue "not an accurate color balance"

Full Cool White

LEDs Full on

Blue 100% White 50%

More to follow as tank matures.

flower

That's pretty sharp, and right next to you on your desk to enjoy as well. It looks pretty new, how long has it been running and what are your plans for stocking it?

yerboy

Water went in Monday May 23rd 2011.
Stocking will be mostly SPS with a few chalic peices. Rainbow Bubble Tip and a pair of clowns.

btldreef

treated it for redbugs last night :( 

Ugh! You're still having issues with them? Darn! Sorry to hear that. Good luck!

yerboy

It's been one thing after another on that 190. AEFW, red bugs, aptasia, algae. Tornados knocked my power out for several days. biopellet reactor pump went out and sat for a few weeks before i noticed. i have some hollywood stunner chalice that puts on an inch a month i swear and everything else is growing very slowly due to the AEFW and redbugs. i have thought about just pulled everything out, draining it cleaning it and starting over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTLDreef http:///forum/thread/385861/yerboy-s-15-gallon-office-build#post_3386179
Quote:
Originally Posted by yerboy
http:///forum/thread/385861/yerboy-s-15-gallon-office-build#post_3386163
treated it for redbugs last night :(
Ugh! You're still having issues with them? Darn! Sorry to hear that. Good luck!

yerboy

blue 100 white 50

blue 100 white 50

blue 100 white 50

blue 100 white 0

blue 100 white 0

blue 100 white 0

blue 100 white 50

blue 100 white 50

1guydude

Quote:
yeah some flight data testing :)
LMAO ya i have one of those as well...got it off the auction site for not that much$
Wat kind of office lets u have a sw tank and fly the mini heli around lol?
I work in a factory so all that is kinda out the window. I envy u

yerboy

I work for a company that builds aircraft flight vibration/data monitoring systems mostly used on US Military rotor wing aircraft. The office i work in is a small satellite office away from our main branch so the attitude is laid back. Our director just started yesterday and wont be moving into this office until the next few weeks so i am kind of grandfathering this tank into the scenery :)

btldreef

I love the Helicopter! LOL
Tank is coming along nicely. I really, really like the rockwork, especially the way it looks from the top down.

1guydude

hey thats kool man...i build airplane parts!Love the build u got goin on. Rockwork, lights, all of it!

flower

Everyone does their tank the way they like them....but for me...
Too blue...it looks like actinics only. So much blue looks cool with water and rock, but will suck the color from the fish and coral not showing them off at all.. So much blue will also make corals grow super slow.
I do like the tank and the rockwork.

yerboy

the photos above where taken with blue 100% white 0%- then blue 100% white 50%. Also i really should manual white balance as when i crank the blue up it turns neon purple in the photos and thats simply not accurate. I have updated the thread to show color balance that was used in each photo.
I keep the tank in the blue 100 white 50 range.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower http:///forum/thread/385861/yerboy-s-15-gallon-office-build#post_3389137
Everyone does their tank the way they like them....but for me...
Too blue...it looks like actinics only. So much blue looks cool with water and rock, but will suck the color from the fish and coral not showing them off at all.. So much blue will also make corals grow super slow.
I do like the tank and the rockwork.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerboy http:///forum/thread/385861/yerboy-s-15-gallon-office-build#post_3389145
the photos above where taken with blue 100% white 0%- then blue 100% white 50%. Also i really should manual white balance as when i crank the blue up it turns neon purple in the photos and thats simply not accurate. I have updated the thread to show color balance that was used in each photo.
I keep the tank in the blue 100 white 50 range.
You have an awesome little tank. My 90g is very blue and it looks really cool, but only the Hippo tang looks good in it. I can't afford new bulbs right now. The purple fish (orchid dottyback) gets lost and the yellow lemonpeel doesn't even come close to how pretty it looks with less blue. That's why I posted what I did, also the more yellow lighting 10K for example, is really good for coral growth, and the bluer lights are great when you want your corals to slow down a bit because of space.
I have my 30g seahorse tank in my bedroom next to my computer desk....it's fantastic to have your tank beside you as you work. That little cube with no seams that you have is just gorgeous.
Here is a picture of my very blue tank: That's a bright red sea fan that looks rust color.