Yikes, no power for 3 days!

puffer32

We just used battery operated bubblers for 2 days in the 150 and 55 DT's. Yesterday we were finally able to get a generator. We hooked it up and was able to get flow and lights back in the tanks. The only problem seems to be our jaw fish. He was really stressed out and left his cave for some reason. He was sitting in the LR for 2 days, and when we hooked up the generator he went back in his cave. Now he is missing
He wasn't in the cave this morning when the lights came back on

E

emeralcrab

Well did you find your jaw fish? Hopefully you have your tank totally covered, they are JUMPERS, I have lost a couple from jumping out and I even had my tank covered. So I thought, one tiny little hole....

So now when I put my blue spotted jaw fish in, I am getting some netting to cover up ALL areas on my tank. Don't want to loose him.

puffer32

I had no electricity for 3 days, I used battery operated bubblers to make air. On the 3rd day we got a generator and all is well. The jaw was just hiding out in the back, i guess the lack of heavy flow and lights freaked him out. He is actually fine now, back front and center of my tank. I really don't worry to much about him jumping out, he rarely comes up mid tank and i have a deep tank.

socal57che

Originally Posted by puffer32
http:///forum/post/2586145
Why do you want to eat my pug????
Ya......that's pretty bold. You don't even know the guy and already you're wanting to eat his dog. You should at least engage in conversaion for a while, then bring it up casually...
Your way was like hitting someone in the gut with a sledge hammer.
Nice zoanthids, may I please eat them.
See, it just doesn't work. Nobody will let you eat their pet if you keep using that approach.

jtrzerocool

Originally Posted by socal57che
http:///forum/post/2586154
Ya......that's pretty bold. You don't even know the guy and already you're wanting to eat his dog. You should at least engage in conversaion for a while, then bring it up casually...
See, it just doesn't work. Nobody will let you eat their pet if you keep using that approach.

are we an expert on this?

kevin34

Originally Posted by socal57che
http:///forum/post/2586154
lol
I also though that comment was quite bold.
Hows the jawfish?

puffer32

I was going to post a pic of my jaw before he went missing, but forgot, my bad. Now that he is safe and sound, and the post turned into a pug eating thread, so no point