You Heard?!

gq

I was in one of my lfs and the sales rep told me about this one clear looking lion fish that i saw Have you heard or even seen this fish before?(it's more of a sitting fish instead of swimming) Also, are lionfish & Eels Reef safe and if so which would you recommend for a 55 gal tank & will he eat my crabs?( I have about 30 crabs) and how many fish would you recommend for a kinda heavy reef tank. I wanna add the eel as well!

zipperfish

I have an 8in snowflake in my tank and it hasn't disrupted anything yet and I have had it for about 8 months. As long as you keep it fed you should be ok. I would recommend one.

jacksonpt

I know a bunch of people have had luck with snowflake eels in their reef. Haven't heard much about lions though. Both are predatory species, so you might have trouble keeping eels/lions if you have small fish in your reef... fish that could be seen as prey.
HTH

mlm

JacksonPT - Do you have any trouble with your Trigger fish eating the stuff in your tank?

jacksonpt

Not at all... He eats any type of food that I put in, and is a messy eater, but he's never touched any of my inverts or corals.

kelly

I have never saw an invisible fish, but I can ship you one, just make sure you pour all the water from the bag in to your tank (remember it is invisible)... just kidding. When you go back to the LFS, get it's name, either common or scientific, and I will see what I can find for you.