You know, I've got to hand it to . . .

tangman99

the Iranian citizens I saw on the national news tonight. I've spoken my part about how I feel about our leaders at times and our posts tend to get a little heated. But I have to wonder as sheltered as we are in this country and the freedom we have always known to speak our minds without once having to think or worry about retaliation, how many of us would be out marching while people are getting shot at and beaten with clubs and pipes? I for one would like to think I would, but I can't say with any certainty that I would be that brave.
I'm not sure if the government they want would be any better, but to be willing to stand up knowing you could be killed any minute, they certainly believe so.

T

tizzo

Yeah... Not me.
I can think of a few circumstances where I'd be willing to give up my life, but politics is definitely not one. I can't imagine being quite that passionate about government.
Course, now that I think about it, when I enlisted, it was specifically to find and terminate Saddam Hussein, so I guess in a wierd sorta way I was passionate about a political agenda.
As for Saddam, my plan was to "personally" find and eliminate him. It worked out so simply in my head, LOL.

tru conch

most americans dont realize how good we have it here, the liberties are often taken for granted, ie demonstrations/rallies without worrying about being killed

T

tizzo

Originally Posted by tru conch
http:///forum/post/3065267
most americans dont realize how good we have it here, the liberties are often taken for granted, ie demonstrations/rallies without worrying about being killed

Haha, I don't see it as "how good we have it here", I see it as, "how bad they have it there!"...
A demonstration of your passions should not end your life. That "should" be taken for granted! It's not a liberty, or al least it shouldn't be considered one.
Now, being able to break into your neighbors house, steal all their stuff and then sue them cause you got a paper cut... THAT'S liberty, lol.

reefraff

A good sign I would say. The guy their are supporting probably wouldn't be any different because he only has as much power as the Mullahs give him but the people finally standing up for themselves could lead to some real change.
I don't think people in this country have a clue how good we have it and how easy it would be to take our government back.
Ironic how the politicians who filed the lawsuit to overturn voter enacted term limits keep getting re-elected. I mean how stupid are people?

lovethesea

he will probably kill all of these poor people and claim it never happened and it was all a stunt by the western press.

btw Tiz, as industrious as you are I think you could have pulled off a better job than we did.

T

tizzo

Originally Posted by lovethesea
http:///forum/post/3065590
btw Tiz, as industrious as you are I think you could have pulled off a better job than we did.

I could have, but that stinkin' basic training was like 2 months...

Only 2 days of firing range was all I needed, lol....