You should rename "The Aquarium" forum to Fox and Friends

tur4k

Seems like every other post in this forum is just right wing nut jobs patting each other on their backs for their shared belief that the liberal commies are out to get them.

tur4k

Here's the thing. mantisman, stdreb and reefraf all believe that everything Rupert Murdoch tells them is true. I believe everything that John Stewart tells me is true. I'm sure that I would come across as as much of a nut job to them as they come across to me if I shared my every thought about the republican party. We aren't going to change each others beliefs.
My problem isn't so much your views on policy as it is your attitude towards those who don't share your views. You aren't discussing the pro's and con's of policy as much as bashing your perception of liberals. It really makes me not want to be a part of this community when I come on here and read crap like "One thing is for sure; the victims were unarmed and helpless thanks to the Democratics."
Do you really think that the majority of people on this site are as far to the right as you or as far to the left as me? We just come across as crazy when we spout nonsense that portrays an entire political party as our narrow view of everything that is wrong with the world.

darthtang aw

care for some cheese?
you do realize you just did the very same thing you are complaining about.
look, your tail.
darth (i get my news from carlos mencia) tang

mantisman51

Quote:
Originally Posted by tur4k http:///t/388581/you-should-rename-the-aquarium-forum-to-fox-and-friends#post_3427639
Seems like every other post in this forum is just right wing nut jobs
patting each other on their backs for their shared belief that the liberal commies are out to get them.
Thanks.
Do you ever read what you post or look in the mirror? It's O.K. with me, unlike some, I can take it. Also, if you take the time to read what I write, I am neither Rep nor Dem. It's just right now Dems are doing more to damage our country.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I agree that the liberal/Dem bashing can get overboard, and warnings about such has been issued time and again. Any bashing is not just totally ignored at SWF, but there are more right leaning, rather than left, topics on this site. There is a group of folks who do enjoy political venting to one another. Yes, and you are absolutely right, most Americans are not hard left or hard right.
I would hope that you continue to want to be a part of at least the hobby section of this forum. SWF is about marine tanks, not politics or ideology.

snakeblitz33

Right or Left, we all bleed red, and we are all going to be judged by Jesus at the Rapture.
j/k. I'm not a Jesus freak, I just wanted to throw some religion in there too...

stdreb27

Quote:
Originally Posted by tur4k http:///t/388581/you-should-rename-the-aquarium-forum-to-fox-and-friends#post_3427642
Here's the thing. mantisman, stdreb and reefraf all believe that everything Rupert Murdoch tells them is true. I believe everything that John Stewart tells me is true. I'm sure that I would come across as as much of a nut job to them as they come across to me if I shared my every thought about the republican party. We aren't going to change each others beliefs.
My problem isn't so much your views on policy as it is your attitude towards those who don't share your views. You aren't discussing the pro's and con's of policy as much as bashing your perception of liberals. It really makes me not want to be a part of this community when I come on here and read crap like "One thing is for sure; the victims were unarmed and helpless thanks to the Democratics."
Do you really think that the majority of people on this site are as far to the right as you or as far to the left as me? We just come across as crazy when we spout nonsense that portrays an entire political party as our narrow view of everything that is wrong with the world.
This is a joke, you're telling me I look like a nut job, do you not see what happens on the national arena? If you were fair, and not feigning disgust, You'd thinking the crap that is pulled on the national level would leave you running for the hills from the democrat party... Since I offend you.

reefraff

Interesting. Come in and assail political bashing by using political bashing LOL!
If we are all so brainwashed and clueless why don't you dip your toe in the water and show us where we are wrong?

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth http:///t/388581/you-should-rename-the-aquarium-forum-to-fox-and-friends#post_3427648
I would hope that you continue to want to be a part of at least the hobby section of this forum. SWF is about marine tanks, not politics or ideology.
+1....ALSO....you have the right to click...or NOT click on any topic of your choosing. If you really take offense, don't read the political threads.
To tell you the truth, the only reason I do is to make sure we all play nice

bionicarm

How many Republicans voted for the Freddie Mac debacle back in the days of the Bush Era? If it was solely in the hands of the Democrat-majority House and Senate, why didn't Bush simply veto the bills when they came across his desk? Are you going to blame the trillion dollars+ we spent on Iraq and Afghanistan solely on the Democrats? Is the Wall Street crisis, and all the crappy mortgage loans they generated all due to the Democrats approving it, or did Republicans back those bills as well? The Right wants to paint this picture that every piece of bad legislation that's come out of Washington in the last 10 years, is all based on Liberal/Democrat ideologies. Problem is, every single bill that was voted on in the last 10 years had support from BOTH parties, and also the Independents. I personally don't trust either party, or ANY representative that's currently in the House, Senate, and even the POTUS (yea, I'm sure you like that one). It wouldn't bother me in the least if you voted out EVERY single member of those groups, and started all over from scratch. However, I'd prefer the replacements to have a more Centrist view when it comes to their political beliefs. It's become quite apparent over the last year that partisan politics have stymied and put a stranglehold on our Democratic system in Washington. The Republican/Tea Party is doing everything they can to squash ANY legislation Obama brings forth, and will take our economy down with it just to insure he's "one and done". If you don't believe that, then you do look at our national politics with blinders on.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
bionicarm, you should have been helping me out a bit and posted your response here over in the Occupy WS topic. LOL

stdreb27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicarm http:///t/388581/you-should-rename-the-aquarium-forum-to-fox-and-friends#post_3427674
How many Republicans voted for the Freddie Mac debacle back in the days of the Bush Era? If it was solely in the hands of the Democrat-majority House and Senate, why didn't Bush simply veto the bills when they came across his desk? Are you going to blame the trillion dollars+ we spent on Iraq and Afghanistan solely on the Democrats? Is the Wall Street crisis, and all the crappy mortgage loans they generated all due to the Democrats approving it, or did Republicans back those bills as well? The Right wants to paint this picture that every piece of bad legislation that's come out of Washington in the last 10 years, is all based on Liberal/Democrat ideologies. Problem is, every single bill that was voted on in the last 10 years had support from BOTH parties, and also the Independents. I personally don't trust either party, or ANY representative that's currently in the House, Senate, and even the POTUS (yea, I'm sure you like that one). It wouldn't bother me in the least if you voted out EVERY single member of those groups, and started all over from scratch. However, I'd prefer the replacements to have a more Centrist view when it comes to their political beliefs. It's become quite apparent over the last year that partisan politics have stymied and put a stranglehold on our Democratic system in Washington. The Republican/Tea Party is doing everything they can to squash ANY legislation Obama brings forth, and will take our economy down with it just to insure he's "one and done". If you don't believe that, then you do look at our national politics with blinders on.
Just because a Republican voted for it, doesn't mean that it isn't based in liberal ideology...

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicarm http:///t/388581/you-should-rename-the-aquarium-forum-to-fox-and-friends#post_3427674
Communist...

mantisman51

Directly to the original post point; the laws that are passed have a direct effect on what happens in this country. Whether it be Republicans or Democrats doing it, it makes no difference. So if Reps deregulation causes greedy companies to take bad risks or Democrats keeping people unarmed and helpless victims, the politicians are responsible for the outcome. And if you or I are uncomfortable owning up to what the politicians we vote for cause, then maybe we should re-evaluate our political ideology. I did, and that's why I quit the Republican Party. I find far fewer liberals willing to honestly look at what they hold dear than conservatives.

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisman51 http:///t/388581/you-should-rename-the-aquarium-forum-to-fox-and-friends#post_3427694
Directly to the original post point; the laws that are passed have a direct effect on what happens in this country. Whether it be Republicans or Democrats doing it, it makes no difference. So if Reps deregulation causes greedy companies to take bad risks or Democrats keeping people unarmed and helpless victims, the politicians are responsible for the outcome. And if you or I are uncomfortable owning up to what the politicians we vote for cause, then maybe we should re-evaluate our political ideology. I did, and that's why I quit the Republican Party. I find far fewer liberals willing to honestly look at what they hold dear than conservatives.
California Governor Jerry Brown, who owns three guns, said that his decision to ban the open carrying of handguns was based upon advice of law-enforcement officials, including Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca.
In a statement, Baca said: “For law enforcement officers and community members, any type of weapon being carried, openly or concealed, could appear as a threat to their well-being and is regarded as a public safety threat.”

tur4k

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisman51 http:///t/388581/you-should-rename-the-aquarium-forum-to-fox-and-friends#post_3427694
Owning up for the outcome of policy is one thing. Blaming the dems for some lunatic shooting up a diner is another. I could just as easily say it's the republicans fault for putting a gun in the hands of a lunatic. It's not any more true or justified than your statement though.
I personally don't really care about gun control, but "unarmed and helpless victims"? Seriously? So you think we should be like the wild west where everyone carries a six shooter on their belt? Everyone should walk around armed just in case some lunatic comes into their salon and starts shooting up the place? Your answer to gun violence is more guns? Your vision of the world is almost enough to make me want to support gun bans. If only I believed gun bans did any good.

mantisman51

The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.
George Washington

mantisman51

"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." --Thomas Jefferson to J. Cartwright, 1824.