Your first coral(s).

aschlauf

Hi everyone.
I just put my first coral in my tank. It is some kind of red mushroom, a free-floater for 8 bucks that someone fragged and brought in to the store. After two days it is already stuck to a rock and the red color has really come out. It might not be fancy or rare but I love it just the same.
:D
What was the first coral you ever got?
Adam

viper_930

A small colony of 7-8 of green with brown skirt zoos, about 5 purple mushrooms, and 5 orange with brown skirt zoos as hitchhikers. :) All for $12.

nm reef

I can't remember exactly what I got first...but I do have a few of these...and I have had them for a very long time now. I've even managed to send a few to several local displays.....hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine....a brilliant red color is hard to come by and these dudes are definitely RED...

aschlauf

NM Reef, that is what mine looks like but the color of mine looks a little deeper. However, it has picked a shady spot so it could be the light. Other than that looks just like yours. I like the reds.
Adam

aschlauf

That is an awsome colt flipper. I saw one today in the LFS and thought it was so cool flowing in the current. I want one bad but not until later. What kind off lighting do those need.
Adam

hariii2

Hey aschlauf, what store did you get that guy from? I have been to the store on Division Street. VI Pets. They have some good stuff at times. I am looking for red mushrooms.

flipper263

Originally posted by aschlauf
That is an awsome colt flipper. I saw one today in the LFS and thought it was so cool flowing in the current. I want one bad but not until later. What kind off lighting do those need.
Adam

Thanks aschlauf, I have it under regular flourescent lighting right now. Upgrading to a 180 or 220 in the near future and will be getting MH's then.
Brenda