your opinion of glass cages

sign guy

I am looking at buing a 300 gallon tank from glass cages and wanted to see what everybodys experiance was any help is good help

sign guy

thats good to see. have you ever bought any thing from them? Im sure you remember that I thought abought building my own but when I put it head to head there price was just too good to pass up

phixer

Tom has some good prices, if its not too far away it might be worth a trip to do a Quality inspection. Also had heard that glass cages does road trips and shows, dont know how true this is but it might make delivery an option or worth calling about. The tank I was looking at was simply too large and heavy to move (being glass in all) so Im going to end up building it in acrylic on site. His prices are great, I would purchase from them

sign guy

yeah he's about 4 hours away so its crossed my mind. but I still have to pick it up he wont be back in atlanta till next march

chilwil84

they travel to many reptile shows i used them for terrariums when i was breeding snakes they were always great quality and if i go for a large upgrade i will be using them

sign guy

Im starting to get a little worried. I emailed them to ask for a picture of there 300 wide and there 300 tall, but I got an email back stating all info is on there website. The only 300 on the site is inclosed in a huge shelf so its hard to visulize what the two tanks look like. Once I called them (just a little upset) I asked them why they did not send the pics. Tom said they didnt have any pics. Is this normal?

wangotango

Originally Posted by sign guy
Im starting to get a little worried. I emailed them to ask for a picture of there 300 wide and there 300 tall, but I got an email back stating all info is on there website. The only 300 on the site is inclosed in a huge shelf so its hard to visulize what the two tanks look like. Once I called them (just a little upset) I asked them why they did not send the pics. Tom said they didnt have any pics. Is this normal?
ive heard pretty split reviews about them. some people are happy with the work, and other people have had problems with the silicone seams. but a lot of people have gotten little or no help by talking with the staff/ Tom.
-Justin

michaeltx

Originally Posted by sign guy

the way they build the tanks yes it is. if it was a company that built tanks to store and shipp I would be very worried but since they build per order then the do not have them in stock and may not have taken a picture of the ones they built. I have noticed over about the last year or less they have added more and more photos to their site. so it may be one of those tanks that isnt orded all that often.
Mike

alphamandi

I recently bought a 95 gallon wide from them and am really happy with the tank!!! Their prices are great considering what prices we have around here. I picked up the tank in Arkansas for quite a bit less than it would have been in shipping, so all around I had a good expericnce. Hope you do as well.
Amanda

topofsteel

I recently ordered a 125T and I'm very happy with it. I originally only ordered (1) 3/4" and (1) 1" holes. After some research I was able to call back and add one more of each before they started building it. They have a delivery schedule on the site, some are for shows and some are just drop offs. I picked mine up at a LFS, it was a mob scene, mine was the last one loaded (first one off) so everyone was waiting on me. The tank was $275 and they charged me $80 for the delivery and with holes and overflow it all came to around $500 for the tank. I'm not sure that's a Great deal but the tank is 2nd to none in quality of any I have seen available locally. It makes sense that they might not happen to have pictures of those tanks on hand. They seem kind of Mom & Popish. There is no order number or email conformation and you sign your card statement when you get the tank. I plan to buy from them again.

sign guy

Originally Posted by MichaelTX
the way they build the tanks yes it is. if it was a company that built tanks to store and shipp I would be very worried but since they build per order then the do not have them in stock and may not have taken a picture of the ones they built. I have noticed over about the last year or less they have added more and more photos to their site. so it may be one of those tanks that isnt orded all that often.
Mike
they have 300 talls in stock but said he was not able to get a picture of them. I geuss I was hoping they would try to help a little more but maybe Im just over exergerating.

jabbott34

i had a great experience with them i got a 90 from them 6 months ago it is a bit difficult to get the ball rolling but once you order the tank they go out of their way to make sure you get what you want. and mom and pop is not the word for it i picked it up at their place they assemble the tanks in a barn looking building in the tennessee foothills with a bunch of dogs and other animals running around. i did find out that their euro bracing was sloppy so i ordered mine with a regular plastic top brace though it turned out just as i expected and wanted.

sign guy

Originally Posted by jabbott34
i did find out that their euro bracing was sloppy so i ordered mine with a regular plastic top brace though it turned out just as i expected and wanted.
You can do that!! I hate euro bracing!!! cool gota ask that