Your Opinions On A Skimmer

johnnyv

I am in the market for a larger tank than I currently have. Hoping to go to around 100 gallons, maybe slightlly larger. Will be fish with liverock. I will be using a sump and interested in your opinions on a protien skimmer.
In your opinion(s) what is the best skimmer out there and why do you feel it is the best (example ease of use, price, etc...)?
Thanks for your input and Happy New Year!

radioactive

I currently use a Kent TE skimmer. I have a 180g FOWLR and it seems to run good. It was super easy to hook up if you have room in your sump. I use the MAG 7 pump and it pulls out dark green material .. JMO

thesamm

i would definatly run a euro reef...we have one on our 280 and on our 90...wouldnt trade it for nottin...look into them (euro reef) u will be glad u did:yes:

johnnyv

Well it appears that the hands down winnr is the Euro Reef....
Thank you all for your opinions..... It's cheaper to spend cash in the once and get the right product!

johnnyv

Hey Julius,
I have a SeaClown now... that is why I was asking. I actually did one of the mod on it and it is now working quite well.... or at least better.

julius

I trying to find a skimmer now the one I had a prism clunck out on me within a year so I havent use one since,I'm not trying to pay a arm and a leg for a good skimmer I want a good skimmer for a good price.

sprang

I've heard of a bunch using the bak pak 2 a not heard a bad thing yet. My friend swears by it. I think it can only handle around a 100 gal, but is only about 100 bucks. There is an imitation for 50 dollars from aquatraders but i dont know anyone that has one yet?