YT With White Spots

900dublr

I woke up this mourning and i noticed my yellow tang has a white spot on its eye. I don't see any other abnormal places on other than that. I will try and get some pics as fast as I can. Also I dont have a qt tank setup. Can I just use water out of my tank to fill it and then put some back in the tank? I read the faqs as best as I could b/c im about to leave for work. Ill try and post a pic before I leave. Thanks

elfdoctors

To be safe, a QT has to cycle just like your regular tank. In an emergency, using tank water will definitely speed up the process. You should go about adding water back to your tank the same way you do a water change. The tank does not know where the old water went.
However, a spot like this (possibly a cloudy discoration - or is it raised?) may not even need a QT. Sometimes this is from a scratch on the eye or poor water quality. Often, a good water change is all that is necessary as the fish will often recover without more specific treatment. For your sake, I hope that that is the only treatment you need.

900dublr

Thanks elf. What do u think beth? I tried for over 20 mins to get a good shot but she was shy. Ill attach the best one that I got of her. I noticed the day before yesterday that she in between her eyes looked a little black. I havent added any tank mates in over 3 weeks. Lmk guys. :nervous: