Yuma OK on the sand?

sueandherzoo

I bought this beauty from SWF.com recently and it's growing SO FAST! The place I have it is low in the tank and it's now extending down to the sand -- is that OK or should I try to find a spot for it higher up on the rocks? Another "better than expected" purchase!

sueandherzoo

Well, ya know? Now I don't know! What I ORDERED was a mushroom-yuma, and what they sent me, according to my invoice, was:
Mushroom Polyp - Yuma 2-3 inches $19.99
But I'll tell you what - it was a lot more than 2-3 inches! It was at least 5 inches long and it seems to be growing fast - it's getting longer and wider. I better go look up hairy mushrooms and see what those look like.
Think they sent me the wrong item? It's OK with me - I think it's gorgeous, but I need to find out how to care for it properly.
Sue

soulsigma

SURPRISE
sub are a good thing but now you have to research and find out what it actually is
spanko maybe right, let us know what you come across I pretty sure someone will chime in with the correct 411

sueandherzoo

I'll try to get more pix tonight but in researching on the web I'm still leaning towards it being a yuma, albeit a big --- one!
Sue

spanko

Please not the difference in the tentacles between the two pictured below. Ricordea yuma have the single rounded tips where the hairy mushroom has the branches.
Hairy Mushroom, (Rhodactis indosinensis)

Ricordea yuma

sueandherzoo

OK, going by Henry's descriptions I'm still leaning towards Yuma. Not near it right now so I can't stare at it or take more photos but I will later. Thanks for the clues!
Sue

teresaq

rhodactis - yumas have little bulbs like fla ricordia and I have never seen one eat like that, now my Rhodactis does.
Its a very beautiful color, mine is just plane green.
T

meowzer

LOL...My green ricordia will eat like that...If I place a piece of mysis right on it, it curls up on it...

spanko

Sue, may I suggest that you contact SWF with a picture of what you have here and tell them you orderd a Ricordea yuma and got this and let them be the judge?

sueandherzoo

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3046193
And I am pretty sure you will let us know the answer

You betcha I will, and I will copy and paste the reply verbatum, but I'm still scratching my head over it:
Hello,
That is a fantastic rhodactis in the picture. We have never had a pink rhodactis in this building, this was verified by the coral manager.
Thanks for your e-mail.

I'm totally baffled by the reply.

Sue