ZAP!

S

shrimpy brains

lol I have done all of the above, also. If you want to feel superior, I will tell you the dumbest thing I ever did.
(not tank related, but dumb)
I once reached under a riding mower deck to replace the belt, while it was RUNNING.
I am still surprised I still have 2 arms.

No, I am not blonde! lol

S

shrimpy brains

Side note: It wasn't a good zap unless you could taste it afterwards.
If you know what I am talking about, you have really been ZAPPED!

socalnano24

haha electricty F&%K up thread.
My first attempt at fuge in nano sump almost resulted in a simliar incident. My freshwater submersible pond light apparantley wasn't super submeresible anymore. When I added it somehow it shorted out my NANO's ballast system instead of running through me and the fish tank. I attribute it to wearing shoes at the time and being on a rug that saved my butt.

bs

While we are on the topic of electricity, does anyone know how to fix a pump with a voltage leak?
Other than buying a new one...
Thanks!

acrylic51

Originally Posted by BS
http:///forum/post/3271163
While we are on the topic of electricity, does anyone know how to fix a pump with a voltage leak?
Other than buying a new one...
Thanks!
I think they are sealed or "potted" and honestly don't think any pump is worth the trouble or risk.

handbanana

here's my oops.
I once tried to guide my bedside lamp plug into the socket in the dark using my fingers.
I found the socket!
Also One of my Mh pendants almost landed in my tank while running too but I diverted it and it hit the floor instead.