Zoanthid questions

lmoore2150

I am starting a 20 gallon tank for some zoanthids only, and i have some questions about it. First, how much water movement do I need, what size powerhead should I get? Second, should I keep Inverts in there, if so what kind, and what about fish? I have a 130 watt light over the tank, is this enough?
Thanks, Luke

rebelprettyboy

130 watts of what type of lighting? Should be good either way. Flow 25-30 turnover rate is good.
Get some snails and what not to keep the tank clean. A pom pom crab or sey shrimp.
And 1-2 small fish

metweezer

Originally Posted by lmoore2150
http:///forum/post/2627216
???????

What pretty boy is saying (although he might be as ugly as sin
) is 30x flow would be 600 gph for your 20 gal. You measure this by your filter output and powerheads. For instance a maxijet 1200 PH gives you 295 gph of flow. See what the gph of your filter is and add the two together. Your lighting is fine for a 20.

metweezer

Originally Posted by lmoore2150
http:///forum/post/2627659
Thanks, I have a emperor 280....
Your filter is giving you 280 gph. If you get 2 maxi-jet 600's they will give you 160 gph each for a total of 600 gph. That's 30X flow and the reason I say 2 600's instead of 1 1200 is it will give you a more uneven flow. You could place them on the back of your tank facing each other (one high and one low). JMHO.

codylowe

I just made the same setup about a month ago. Right now i have one Maxi 600 with a marineland penguin 150. Everything is doing all right, but i am definitely going to put another maxi-600 in there pretty soon. I also have a 20k 150w MH for lighting.

iyachtuxivm

What kind of light is the 130w? PC/T5/Mh? Reason I'm asking is Iam toying with setting up another tank I have about 3 differant plans for it just havent decided yet. All three involve more zoos!

lmoore2150

Here is my very very new frag tank to grow some corals. It is a 20 gallon.
I have a 130 watt compact light, emperor 280, 400 gph koralia 1 powerhead, 100 watt heater, 30 lbs fiji fine white live sand, 15 nassarius snails, 5lbs cured LR, and 5 lbs uncured LR.
When it is done cycling Im going to move some of my zoanthids from my 55 gallon to my 20.
Here are some pictures.