Zoapolooza! Lets see those Zoos!

wattsupdoc

Man I just love zoo's. I want my tank to be full of 'em!
I have a few frags that I've recently got and their doing well. four different kinds. When the actinics come on their beautiful! :jumping: But I want a ton of 'em , mainly zoos. I have this one rock wich weighs about 13 lbs. and I want to cover it eventually with zoos.Its really cool shaped and will look awesome with a bunch of different colored ones on it. So I know everybodies got some and everybody has their favorites, so lets see'em. Post some pics of you're favorite zoos and combinations on rocks if you got 'em. I REALLY like zoo's and wanna get it right with these guys. It'll be fun to see all ya'lls zoo's.

THANKS!
Charlie

bonebrake

Here are several frags of the ones I have. The ones in the upper right are a bright fluorescent pink. I have seen them labeled as "Armor of God" and also as "Goochsters".

bonebrake

Blurry in the background are my Fire and Ice Zoanthids and in the bottom center you can see an indirect picture of my Eagle Eye Zoanthids.

wattsupdoc

AWESOME what are they calling those last ones? The pink ones are cool never saw those before. And i like the armor of god zoos. Keep em coming!

darknes

I've got a question....
At the LFS, they sell Zoos, but they're always brown and drabby.
Is it because they just aren't under the right light to show their colors, or are they "plain" zoos? I've never seen all these colorful zoos before at any of my LFS's.

bonebrake

Originally Posted by Zanski
How do you frag a zoo? i have a big rock covered and want to move some to another rock.
Just chip some of them off of the rock with them still attached to some of the rock and then use a ethyl cyanoacrylate glue to glue them on to a new rock.
:joy:

bonebrake

Originally Posted by wattsupdoc
AWESOME what are they calling those last ones? The pink ones are cool never saw those before. And i like the armor of god zoos. Keep em coming!

WC PPE'S/Jokers/Amazing Purple Palythoas
They run about $50 per polyp!

bonebrake

Originally Posted by Darknes
I've got a question....
At the LFS, they sell Zoos, but they're always brown and drabby.
Is it because they just aren't under the right light to show their colors, or are they "plain" zoos? I've never seen all these colorful zoos before at any of my LFS's.
They are most likely just plain zoanthids. However, sometimes if you buy zoanthids from an LFS that has really crappy lights that needed replaced two years ago, the zoanthids will fade and look like trash, but once they are put under good lighting again they will recover and really color up! So sometimes you can get lucky.

wattsupdoc

Is that what the red ones that zano has are? Blastomusso? Are those last ones really big or are they just zoomed in good? What are they called?
Awesome keep 'em comin!

wattsupdoc

Hers some of mine, their kinda drab except when the actinics are on. Then the colors realy come out. You cant see it in the picks but I included em anyways.

bonebrake

Originally Posted by wattsupdoc
Is that what the red ones that zano has are? Blastomusso? Are those last ones really big or are they just zoomed in good? What are they called?
Awesome keep 'em comin!
Blastomussa is the genus of a different large polyp stony coral. In Zano's second picture, the coral on the left beside the zoanthids is Blastomussa wellsi
. Blastos are truly beautiful corals and you can find some amazing ones.