zoo help

viet-tin

i had some very nice zoo colonies and recently their numbers have been falling. I dont see any nudis or sundials. I did a fw dip and the only things i found were limpets a few small brown olive snails asterina and brittle stars. It started from one of my smaller colonies and now spread over into my large colony. I also recently change my lighting from 2x250w mh down to 2x150w hqi and have also noticed a huge algea cyano bloom and thats beggining to smother my zoos as well. Anyone know whats killing my zoos?

network13

did you increse the light cycle? Are the lights new or used? Used lights will shift spectrum and grow algae.

oceana

very hard to tell without seeing them but algea can and does kill zoanthus. try adding some more flow to the tank. or moving them to a place in which they get more flow.
what are your water reading? ALL of them

viet-tin

The 150w hqi are brand new so im thinking this is the cause of the algea bloom. Its not out of control and is not spreading like crazy anymore. I have plenty of flow in the tank. Im running a tunze stream 6080 along with 2 seio 820 and a mag12 for my return. Tank is a 100 gal with 200lbs of rock 55 gal sump/fuge. running a euro reef cs8-1 skimmer.
water params
NH4=0
NO2=0
N03=0
PO4=0
ph=8.3
Ca=400-450
Alk=3meq/l
Dkh=8