Zoo Iodine Dip

nuzz

A couple days ago we did an iodine dip to help our colony of zoo's against some nudis things. We also ripped off and disposed of some severely affected polyps.
Do we need to remove the foamy stuff that is the nudi eggs, or will that all have been killed in the dip?
Should we be able to see immediate improvement? How will we know whether to administer another dip or not?
Kara

nuzz

1/2 tank water, 1/2 iodine. For 3 minutes. That's what I was told I could do to help the problem.
Kara

nuzz

Oh I didn't realize you were asking me questions, I read that too fast.
Now can anyone answer my questions... ??

Kara

hexedagain1

Foamy stuff? Nudi eggs are like a little spiral. Just a cluster or eggs.
I always dip in RO water with iodine. Fresh water by itself will kill off nudis.
No dip treatment that I know of will kill the eggs, only the nudis.

flricordia

You have to remove the eggs with tweezers. They should come off all together if you are careful. Afterwards place the zoas in a bucket of tankwater with a powerhead going and hold the zoas in front of the output to ensure you blow off any eggs that may have stayed. Once you remove the bulk with sack included any single eggs that may have remained will come off with the water jet from the power head.

gsellers

i use tropic marin pro coral cure using 1ml per 200ml of tank water for 15 minutes...visual inspection and then rinse