ZooMed PowerSweep Powerheads?

robvec

Hi All,
I am currently setting up a 20g long tank. I was wondering if any of you are using a Powersweep Powerhead by ZooMed (the self rotating powerheads). Are they any good?
Thanks!
Rob

alohami

They are a great concept, but everything I've read about them says they stopped sweeping within a short period of time. So, I never tried them personally.
I know there are other "sweeping" products on the market that work much better, but I believe they are intended for much larger tanks and are quite expensive.

petjunkie

I bought one and it seems to work fine except that it definitely only sweeps when it wants to. I used to have it just for mixing salt but I had to keep cleaning it out to get it to work every time and my in tank powerhead died so it's moving water great in the tank just not sweeping. I think I would stick to the Maxi-jets because those suckers are reliable as hell and what I'll order next time around. I thought it was going to be so much fun to have a sweeping powerhead too.

bronco300

i dont know what kind i have, but its a sweeping one, and it sure as heck wont sweep when its supposed to, stupid thing.lol

hagfish

I've had mine for about a year now. It still sweeps. It gets stuck every once in a while, but I just clean out the gunk and it works fine.