Zoos Question

sin

1: How do i know when to frag zoos
2: How do i frag zoos
3: Can zoos be shipped for 2-3 days

kdfrosty

1) There's no sign when to frag zoos. You frag them when you want. I would, however, recommend that you frag the more established zoos of the colony.
2)There's a few ways to frag zoos...You can move a colony/frag from place to place. Mine usually start spreading pretty well after a month, so I have a couple fo frags that I move every month. They just spread onto the rock I placed them on or near, and that's that.
Another way to frag zoos is by using a chisel/flathead screwdriver and breaking apart the LR that the colony is growing on, creating many small pieces of rubble with zoos growing on them.
Yet Another way to frag zoos is to gently seperate the mat they grow on from the LR that it's attached to. I'd recommend some forceps for this. Once you have the appropriate sized seperated, cut it with a razor blade. Then glue the bottom of the mat to a piece of LR rubble or whatever you want it to attach to.
3)I regularly ship zoos via USPS Priority (2-3 days). Put them in a bag from your LFS, seal the bag with rubberbands, and put the bag in a thermos...like a thermos you get from a kids lunchpail. Seal the thermos tight, and ship in a box. Make sure that you have foam peanuts, bubble wrap, or some other kind of packing materials so that the thermos doesn't shift and move around when being shipped in the box
HTH

kdfrosty

Originally Posted by Littlebuck
also add a heat pack. if it is cold out.
Good point.
Recently i've been using packing tape to stick two heat packs to the outside of the thermos. I'd recommned 24 hour heat packs that you can pick up at Wal Mart.