zoos seeing?

spkdtch

are there any types off zoos that can actually see? i purchased a large rock of some type of zoos that i will post a picture of tomorrow to try and have IDed, but every time i walk into the room, they all close up for a bit(30 seconds).
none of my other zoos do this, so i thought it was very strange

meowzer

Originally Posted by spkdtch
http:///forum/post/3047306
are there any types off zoos that can actually see? i purchased a large rock of some type of zoos that i will post a picture of tomorrow to try and have IDed, but every time i walk into the room, they all close up for a bit(30 seconds).
none of my other zoos do this, so i thought it was very strange
Just what do you look like

socalnano24

I would imagine they can feel the vibration of you walking into the room. Is your tank on either a raised subfloor or are you on a second story or higher?

loopy101

could be the potential lighting if they sence a shadow or a change in light i could see them close for a bit. but in a way that seems odd though to cuz out in the oceon clouds go over and they would get different lighting constantly. so looking forward to seeing some pictures!

spkdtch

lol i am a scary looking guy so maybe they are scared haha :D
it is on the first floor(above a basement) and its a wood floor so i assumed it was probably vibrations from walking into the room but not sure
ill take pix and have them posted in 15 minutes for an ID on this thread and the ID please

meowzer

http:///forum/post/3047410
lol i am a scary looking guy so maybe they are scared haha :D
it is on the first floor(above a basement) and its a wood floor so i assumed it was probably vibrations from walking into the room but not sure
ill take pix and have them posted in 15 minutes for an ID on this thread and the ID please
OK...It has been an hour and 20 minutes
WHERE ARE THE PICS

spkdtch

haha a little impatient arent we? well i appreciate the enthuiasm, the tank was dirty and had algae on the front so i had to clean it, then the camera battery died, then i couldnt get a clear picture with them in the back so i put them in a little tank so i could get a closer picture but the light i had to use is just a cheap desk light, so the coloration looks way off, the are a neon green/bright yellow center with pale green tentacles, the have a line going from one side to the other cutting through the mouth
they glow under my lunar lights, ill get a night shot tonight
first picture is the zoos, the second two pictures are of blastomussa corals that swf.com insists on calling trumpet corals, they also glow
im not looking for the id on the blastomussa but rather the little tree type thing growing from it, not tentacles at all, doesnt move, but has attached itself since it arrived

spkdtch

ya, they look white/yellow in this light, because theres no actinics, ill put them back in the tank with good lights and move them to the front for a new picture, any idea about the tree/branch?

meowzer

http:///forum/post/3047458
ya, they look white/yellow in this light, because theres no actinics, ill put them back in the tank with good lights and move them to the front for a new picture, any idea about the tree/branch?
I have seen it before...can't seem to find the thread though...

spkdtch

is it a coral? a gorgonian? a sponge? i dont need the specific name, just curious to what kinda thing it is

loopy101

just a thought here. but how would they feel the vibrations from you walking in the room? after all they have a constant feeling of moving water around them hums and vibrations from pumps and filters, ect ect. just a thought

but they are very nice looking zoas!