Zoos, Shrooms, Xenia and Seahorses

my way

Sometime in the future I hope to try my hand at seahorses. would they be OK with Zoos, Shrooms and Xenia?

fishnet

I don't keep any of that stuff yet, but from what I've read, my concern would be flow. Seahorses need low flow so they don't get blown around, but your other items would probably need higher flow. Anyone else have a thought?

my way

I though of that and was thinking about possibly placing the corals so the horses couldn't get to them and then direct the water over the corals leaving the main body of water calm.I don't know for sure if my ideas will work though. My main concern was to make sure the would'nt harm one another.

ssweet1

I keep xenia, kenya trees, zoos, featherdusters and mushrooms with mine. The zoos were by accident (hitchhikers) because of the lighting they dont do as well. Xenia isnt stable enough for the horses but they enjoy the trees and gorgonians I have in there. I also grow caulerpa in the tank which they like also. These corals dont need flow or alot of light like most so they do great and the seahorses dont hide because of too bright of light on their tank. Carrie

my way

Thank you for that info. Now I'm getting excited about doing this. I found a couple of frag sites and wow are there a lot of cool colorful zoo's I might just do a whole zooand horsey tank, how hard are gorgonias to keep? I tried to keep one about 20 yrs. ago and if I remember it did'nt fare to well.