purple lobster

dsgmm9

anyone? i would like to get a mated pair of coral banded shrimp but dont know if the lobster will kill them

claire7275

Hi, I have kept a purple Lobster and a Coral Banded Shrimp in my 24g Aquapod for over a year now with no issues. If anything, the Coral Banded is more aggressive than the Lobster. The CB will actually grab my clown by the tail and yank LOL.
Like yours, my Lobster stays hidden a lot, but does come out when I feed the tank.
Hope this helps!!
Claire

mr_x

i agree with claire. my friend has one and it's a submissive little fellow(the lobster) despite the giant claws.

Ive got a mated pair of banded and my purple lobster stays clear....no probs. Just make sure you keep the lobster fed...just in case. I have em in a 90 gallon with lots of rock work.

110innc

I dont feed my purple lobster but he likes clam.I had just put a piece of clam in for my horseshoe crab before the lights went off but before he got my shrimp took behind a rock then the lobster mugs the shrimp.

Mattu

I have a purple lobster and i thought he was well feed but last night i think he got my cb shrinp which is a bumer but i think im going to try again thay have plenty of space in my 90 gal aswell as plenty of rock wall and neither one showed any aggresion so im not to sure what happend