blue/green chromis

aduvall

I was frustrated because everywhere I read that they are a "hardy" fish and "peaceful" and they are great for beginners... From my experience the clown was the best purchase I ever made. I had also been told Bengai Cardinals could be kept in groups... started with 4... ended with one.

jay0705

Lol yup, the only fish besides a pair of clowns ive had luck with are, green mandarins and scooter blennys. Then u want 1 male w 2-3 females

bang guy

I had a shoal of Lyretail Anthias that was successful. But that was in a 900 gallon loaded with live zooplankton.

aduvall

When I upgrade (at a 65 right now, working towards upwards of 220) I've considered getting a male and two females... hopping I have better luck than with the green chromis.

jay0705

Bengai ive heard can be aggressive, especially males w eachother. Idk how u tell the diff tho

bang guy

So are bengai supposedly...
I've studied Banggai quite a bit. And although they seem to gather together the males will not get within 2 feet of each other without fighting. I wouldn't recommend trying to keep a shoal of Banggai with out a tank having a very large footprint.

Here's a picture of mine. The container they are in is 8 feet by 8 feet.