naso tang

Kristin1234

I really think that naso would like that spongebob pineapple house. Lol

You're kids pick that out?

I'm laughing so hard bc I saw the exact one and my son begged me to get one. You're a better parent than I cause I said absolutely not. Lol.

bang guy

Hey now your undoing all the brain washing I just did. But seriously though when have you seen a 18" naso tang? I'd say they probably average around 10-14" in captivity.
I was going to show one but once I pulled up the picture from my library I realized it was a Sohol. :eek:

Regardless, I keep repeating my experience, it's not the size of the fish, it's the swimming pattern. Some fish require more swimming space even when small juveniles. To be honest, I don't actually know the swimming pattern of Naso Tangs but I would be shocked if a 6' tank would completely satisfy their needs.

jay0705

I was going to show one but once I pulled up the picture from my library I realized it was a Sohol. :eek:

Regardless, I keep repeating my experience, it's not the size of the fish, it's the swimming pattern. Some fish require more swimming space even when small juveniles. To be honest, I don't actually know the swimming pattern of Naso Tangs but I would be shocked if a 6' tank would completely satisfy their needs.
Would or wouldn't bang?

mauler

I know several people in my local reef club with nasos in their 6' tanks and most have had them for years with no issues.