Possible Sick BTA

stxgb

Not really sure i just purchased a bta about a week ago and he keeps on moving around and going to the backside of my live rock and setting himself away from the light and upside down. Not sure if he maybe possibly sick. He seems a little bit swollen also?

Ive had my take set up about 5 months and all my tests are at 0 ppm execpt for my nitrates that sit right under 5 ppm and my salt is right at 1.024 but i do water changes every two weeks. He came from a tank that had nitrates at over 180 ppm because he had alot of fish.

I am also running a led light 165 watts 55*3 watts

A picture of him is below

Any help would be greatful

Attachments

lmforbis

I was not able to keep an anemone alive under 165 W LEDs. Not sure if you have the same type I do. They did great with soft coral and LPS.

stxgb

I was not able to keep an anemone alive under 165 W LEDs. Not sure if you have the same type I do. They did great with soft coral and LPS.
yea my soft coral and lps are doing great. Hopefully he is just acclimating himself and he pulls through. i really like bta but i want my corals to thrive

pegasus

Anemones have a bad habit of going where THEY want to go, and not where YOU want them to go. If it's finding a spot on the back of the rocks in a shaded area, then you should try to create the same environment in a spot you would like for it to be. If it doesn't like the lighting, which is what it sounds like, you should try digging out a spot in the sand in a very shaded area... preferably under a rock overhang. The hole in the sand may encourage the BTA to attach to the glass on the bottom of the tank. If you attempt to move it, be extremely careful when removing it from the rock. It's easy to damage the foot, causing a nasty infection... which can lead to their demise. It's probably best just to re-arrange the rocks so you don't have to try to pry it off. If it's in a shaded, low flow area now, build a shaded, low flow area for relocation. Sometimes this works... sometimes it doesn't. It's worth trying, because you might get lucky and it may take a liking to the new spot.

stxgb

Anemones have a bad habit of going where THEY want to go, and not where YOU want them to go. If it's finding a spot on the back of the rocks in a shaded area, then you should try to create the same environment in a spot you would like for it to be. If it doesn't like the lighting, which is what it sounds like, you should try digging out a spot in the sand in a very shaded area... preferably under a rock overhang. The hole in the sand may encourage the BTA to attach to the glass on the bottom of the tank. If you attempt to move it, be extremely careful when removing it from the rock. It's easy to damage the foot, causing a nasty infection... which can lead to their demise. It's probably best just to re-arrange the rocks so you don't have to try to pry it off. If it's in a shaded, low flow area now, build a shaded, low flow area for relocation. Sometimes this works... sometimes it doesn't. It's worth trying, because you might get lucky and it may take a liking to the new spot.
I relocated the rock he was attached to and moved everything around to kinda shade him from the light and he was there for a couple of hours opended up really nice then the decided to move again around the back side of the rock towards the light. I dont get it lol first he wanted to be shaded and now its facing up towards then light.

pegasus

Wow... so close. If it's looking for light now, try it again and give try to give it the same light as where it's at now. Also, check to see what kind of flow is back there. If the BTA is swaying slightly, then there's a gentle flow. You'll need to try to adjust the flow to mimic how it is now. It's never easy to get a nem to stay where you want it, but it can be done. You just have to create the perfect environment so it doesn't want to move. Good luck with that... lol!

stxgb

Wow... so close. If it's looking for light now, try it again and give try to give it the same light as where it's at now. Also, check to see what kind of flow is back there. If the BTA is swaying slightly, then there's a gentle flow. You'll need to try to adjust the flow to mimic how it is now. It's never easy to get a nem to stay where you want it, but it can be done. You just have to create the perfect environment so it doesn't want to move. Good luck with that... lol!

After a week or so the BTA finally ended up completely on the other side of the aquarium partially under a rock and has not moved in a week. I think it finally has found its home. Thanks for your help