Red Sea Max

CherW

Hello all, I'm recently getting back into the hobby after taking a 5 year break... and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the Red Sea max 130 or 250? I used to own a standard 55 gallon with mostly fish and a few corals, but I sold it after a two week power outage due to a storm crashed the whole thing. It wasn't right for a reef anyways, I didn't like that it wasn't drilled and I also didn't care for the limited depth in a standard 55. The only reason I'm considering the red sea 130 is because I know a move is eminent for me in the next 2 years, so transporting that amount of fish/coral/sand is more appealing to me. Also, for anyone who has or had owned one, what modifications did you make?

Thanks in advance!

carol mcdermott

I have a red sea max 130. I like it because it isnt too big. Though I would like to get a 90 gallon one day. But the RSM has a protein skimmer a sponge for water polishing and is attractive to look at. The main thing is to do your water changes on a regular basis. That will keep your nutrients up. I also supplement with brightwell products. Hope that helps and if you have any other questions feel free to ask.