NEW THINGS !!

seaqueen

OK so my dad got this amazing deal at some weird little store where he live he for 6 tubs of ''fish stuff'' While iv had my tank for quite sometime now....
He got a lot of doubles and wants to share some of the following with me...
maxxima RO/DI unit
Maxi-jet 1200 (can i use this as a return pump ? or am i thinking of something else?)o_O
litermeter 3 (looks complicated xD):confused:
pfo lighting (bulbs are out what kind should we use?)o_O
pinpoint ph monitor and electrode to go with it
aqua controller 3, ( no idea what this does ):eek: and so on...
im not 100% sure about what alot of this stuff is, i did some research but its not very good descriptions i was hoping i could get some help with this stuff it would be soooo greatly appreciated!!

*reminder this is all used so i have Zero directions or instructions lol All very cheap we couldn't pass it up :'D

geridoc

Maxi-Jet says their 1200 can be a return pump, but it is really for water circulation, IMHO. The litermeter is a dosing pump, used to add small volumes of supplements continually. PFO lighting is out of business. You should post the particulars of the fixture in the "Lighting" forum and the members there will give you advice about bulb selection, but your unit probably takes T5 bulbs. Be sure to tell them what you plan to house. If fish only you could put in any wavelength bulbs that produce a pleasant appearance. If you want corals, clams, etc. then you will need to carefully consider the wavelengths you select. They will help you in the lighting forum. The aqua controller and pH monitors overlap since the aquacontroller 3 monitors pH, as well as temperature, and has built-in timers to control lights and wavemakers. It looks like you got some obsolete (which does not mean unusable, just no longer made) advanced equipment. I have maintained marine tanks for 40+ years and have never had any of the stuff you listed except for light fixtures and pumps. The rest is not critical to success.

seaqueen

well i took some anyways just to have it haha it was free from my dad and has doubble of everythingso why not? lol
and thank you :D
im only going to use the maxi jet 1200 and the ro/di unit i also got a cooling system so ill have to figure out how that get put together as well.