Every how often do sharks change there teeth?

zdthompson

i think its when they break one off. idk just thought i heard that in elm. school. i bet if you looked it up on line you could find it

krj-1168

The best answer - when ever they need a new tooth - they have it.
Sharks generally have several rows of new teeth ready to replace an old one - at any one time. And this is good since they could likely lose a tooth at each feeding.

peef

Most sharks have 5 to 15 rows of teeth in each jaw. Unlike human teeth, shark teeth don't have roots to hold them in place, so their teeth are easily broken off. A tooth usually lasts about a week before it falls out. When this happens, the tooth behind it moves up to replace it. A new tooth can be replaced in as little as 24 hours. Sharks keep replacing their teeth all their lives. As the shark grows, its new teeth keep pace and grow larger than the ones that are replaced
Soooo I guess every week would be the answer!

coral keeper

Originally Posted by peef
Most sharks have 5 to 15 rows of teeth in each jaw. Unlike human teeth, shark teeth don't have roots to hold them in place, so their teeth are easily broken off. A tooth usually lasts about a week before it falls out. When this happens, the tooth behind it moves up to replace it. A new tooth can be replaced in as little as 24 hours. Sharks keep replacing their teeth all their lives. As the shark grows, its new teeth keep pace and grow larger than the ones that are replaced
Soooo I guess every week would be the answer!
Lucky sharks lol. I wish that you can grow a new tooth when your teeth get bad lol.

krj-1168

Lucky sharks lol. I wish that you can grow a new tooth when your teeth get bad lol.
Then there would be no need for Dentists - LOL

srfisher17

Originally Posted by Coral Keeper
Sharks are a lot like most politicians too; no real backbone, just cartilage...that's why they can bite their own butts!