fish for a 30 gallon tank

jonw59

Hello, so i'm trying to decide what fish to stock my tank with, its 30 gallons, has a protein skimmer, and plenty of cultured rock(around 2 yrs old). It has been up and running for about 3 months now and I have had a small electric damsel and a small three-stripped damsel for over a month (they are less that 1"). I've been looking around for awhile now on different forums and sites but I'm still unsure on how many fish i can go with and what kinds. I've came up with an assortment that id love to have, any thoughts would be much appreciated.
1X Ocellaris Clownfish
1X Orange Tail Fiji
1X Green Mandarin Goby
1X Humu Picasso Trigger
These would be along with the 2 fish i already have. I feel like this may be pushing it for the size of my tank but I am unsure. Also does anyone know of any conflicts between these fish, I believe they are all community friendly for the most part. thanks for any advice as I am new to the hobby .

meowzer

forget a trigger in a 30G
I would get rid of the damsels....they grow into monsters
The orange tail is a cooler water fish.,,.....I don't think it's a good choice
Mandarins require A LOT of pods......so unless you have a way to populate them.....I don't recomment that either
SOOOOOO the clownfish is ok LOL.....maybve look into a couple of gobies.....

meowzer

For example in my 29G....I have 1 perc clown, 1 scooter blennie, 1 striped cardinal and 1 other fish (LOL can't remember name)
in my 28G cube I have 2 green banded gobies, 1 purple firefish and a yellow headed jawfish
You have to pick your livestock very carefully in smaller tanks

jonw59

okay so that sucked haha. is the orange tail a difficult fish? it is a really neat looking fish, are there any puffers that would be okay to get? what are your thoughts on some of these fish:
chalk basslet
midas blenny
randall's or tangaroa goby
longnose hawkfish
and would it be fine to mix an ocellaris clownfish with a saddleback clownfish? are wrasse too big for a 30 gal tank as well?I was also thinking it would be cool to have an anemone with the clownfish. thank you for your replies

lilclowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonw59 http:///t/393111/fish-for-a-30-gallon-tank#post_3494740
okay so that sucked haha. is the orange tail a difficult fish? it is a really neat looking fish, are there any puffers that would be okay to get? what are your thoughts on some of these fish:
chalk basslet
midas blenny
randall's or tangaroa goby
longnose hawkfish
and would it be fine to mix an ocellaris clownfish with a saddleback clownfish? are wrasse too big for a 30 gal tank as well?I was also thinking it would be cool to have an anemone with the clownfish. thank you for your replies
If you want to get 2 different clownfish they have to be same type like you cannot put Tomato with Maroon. But you could have a naked ocellaris with a black ocellaris- see what I'm saying? No, wrasses are not too big especially six line or possibly a Filamented Flasher Wrasse, or a Blue Flasher Wrasse. Also, do not get shy Gobies like Dartfish(firefish) the Hawkfish will mess with it