Here's my Mocha Clownfish :)

vsecret

I have a pair of Mocha's - I love them!
I got mine from UMAINE (University of Maine breeds their own)

handbanana

Sorry, but I was going to say the same. Just didn't. Maybe the lighting? Is it darker under tank lighting?

frickin cute lil guy tho...

clown-lover

Well, I thought the same thing too...but compared to the other regular ocellaris clowns in the LFS, this guy looked considerably darker.
Mind you though, he's not as dark as some other Mocha's that I've seen.
In person, his head, belly, and fins are orange w/no black. And his upper portion of the body looks black with an orange tinge.
He's (from what I was told) a mix of a reg ocellaris and a black and white ocellaris. From what I understand, they get darker in color as they get older. I guess I'll find out when I try to pair him with a black and white
lol The LFS guy said since he's a mix, he can be kept with either of those.

vsecret

They darken as they age. I have had mine for 2 years and they are almost completely brown. They are beautiful - the only part that is left kinda orange is their faces. But they will turn completely dark brown.
they are beautiful!

vsecret

here are mine :)
this picture was taken a while ago, they are even more covered....and the picture is dark, but they are brown (mocha) not black

handbanana

I WANT ONE!!!!!!
Every morning I want to climb in my tank and play with my clowns, they are so awesome. When they see me they get so excited.
Sorry I had to share that useless tidbit.

vsecret

Hahah! I had the reg clowns, and I love my mocha so much more..... hehe
they are sooo beautiful and when you see them in person you can def. tell they are not black
but yeah, when I come in the room they are soo responsive...they know who feeds them ;)

clown-lover

Aww! I can't wait till this guy gets like that!
I went in looking for a bright orange clown...and came out liking him the most...not as orange as the others. But enough to add color

Yours are very pretty!

handbanana

Originally Posted by Clown-Lover
http:///forum/post/3273759
Aww! I can't wait till this guy gets like that!
I went in looking for a bright orange clown...and came out liking him the most...not as orange as the others. But enough to add color

Yours are very pretty!
+1
They are very pretty.
Just a weird question. I find it almost impossible to take a decent pic or mine. Do they eventually get used to cameras and slow down or stop wiggleing around? I see awesome pics of peeps clowns and wonder how the heck do they get those.

vsecret

I have a DSLR camera, but I think with most digital cameras you can set on "burst mode" and I found tha helps. It takes like 3 pictures at once and usually the middle picture comes out clear. That is a tip from a professional - she said when you have moving objects that tend to be blurry (aka fish!) use the burst mode. and no flash
also have a macro lens helps! (which i do not)

handbanana

Thanks Vsecret!
I KNEW nice camera should be added to the SWF budget.
My brother is a newspaper photographer so I can ask if he has any of his old Digies kickin around.
HA!
Thank you again tho!

vsecret

hahah you're welcome!
oh one more piece of advice...
JUST KEEP TAKING PICTURES!!!! I mean many many many in a row because they might come out clear, but if you only get half of them while they swim behind things or in front of each other its no fun ;)
post your pictures - I'd love to see how they come out!

handbanana

No flash though right?
I'll keep takin pics of the lil guys. I have maybe a hundred blurry orange photos with maybe 5 usable
My problem is that there that stupid split second delay on both my digi cam and my phone.

I wish someone would start a "I love my clowns" Thread to post pics. I would but my threads fail miserably most of the time.

vsecret

that's the advantage of the "burst setting" after the first picture it takes, there is no delay! And yes, no flash :)