ich?

btwk12

my powder brown has ich in my 125 reef. it has 170 pounds of lr so if u could imagine its impossible to catch. i tried all night to catch him and couldnt
. my ? is what else can i do i read all beths threads and none of them apply to me cuz theres no way im breakin down my whole tank to catch him. i have way to much invested in my corals. i was just gonna try to get it back to good health by vitamins, because its still eating good for now. any suggestions on what to get as far as vitamins maybe an antibiotic?

flower

Originally Posted by btwk12
http:///forum/post/3276080
my powder brown has ich in my 125 reef. it has 170 pounds of lr so if u could imagine its impossible to catch. i tried all night to catch him and couldnt
. my ? is what else can i do i read all beths threads and none of them apply to me cuz theres no way im breakin down my whole tank to catch him. i have way to much invested in my corals. i was just gonna try to get it back to good health by vitamins, because its still eating good for now. any suggestions on what to get as far as vitamins maybe an antibiotic?

Ich is now in your system and removing the fish won’t do you any good now. Cleaner shrimps help ease the fish by removing the parasite for them and making them feel better and keeping the gills clear. I noticed my fish will spread their gills real wide to let the shrimp clean them.
I get raw shrimp and soak it in fresh garlic juice to up the immunity. I also kept the tank at the warmth the fish like, my Hippo Tang the ich magnet prefers 82/84 ..not all critters can take it that warm so do your homework if you want to try that. Be very careful about the shrimp and make sure all is eaten or it will cause an ammonia spike, so cut it in small chunks and feed just a bit at a time.
Don’t add anymore fish for at least 6 months free and clear of the parasite. If you see a spot start the count down again. The only other option is remove all fish for 6 to 8 weeks. A QT would have avoided all that hassle you are suffering now.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
That is right, ich is in the system now, and any other fish you have would be effected.

btwk12

well if i can catch them would a fresh water dip help i went to my lfs to try to get garlic and they have none im tryin to get them to eat my flakes that have garlic in them already

btwk12

it looks like my clown fisf and my pj cardinal has it now and the powder brown wont eat so ill def. never catch it now

flower

Originally Posted by btwk12
http:///forum/post/3276264
it looks like my clown fisf and my pj cardinal has it now and the powder brown wont eat so ill def. never catch it now

Sad to say but sounds like you have a very bad breakout and you may lose some fish. It won’t matter how healthy the fish, by sheer numbers the parasite will overcome even healthy fish.
Garlic is found in every grocery store, there isn't a fish garlic only sold in fish stores kind of thing. So you can get garlic anywhere. Anyway garlic isn't a cure but just a way to build up immunity. If you lose all your fish…leave the tank empty for 8 weeks before you start over…and quarantine your new fish in the future to prevent this from happening ever again.
If even one fish survives go back to square one to build up immunity and keep it healthy like I wrote before.
A fresh water dip won’t do any good if you put your fish right back into the tank afterwards, no more than hypo at this point..and on top of it all, chasing the fish around and trying to catch it stresses it out and all the other fish in the tank too, which undoes everything you were trying to do by NOT stressing the fish out… What a pity, so sorry for all your troubles.

btwk12

well i lost my powder brown, yellow tang,one of my mated clowns,and my mandarin i think the rest of them are lookin healthy so far. i dont know what happened it almost looked like i had a mixture of all the diseases beth explained the powder brown def had ich. the yellow tang looked like it had hille cuz it had the line goin down its back and then the line went away, and it looked like its eyes started bulging out also. i couldnt tell what was wrong with the clown. and the mandarin just dissapeared. i know it might seem like im not responsable, but my water quality was good. i did a 15 gallon water change every week and its a 125 thats over 10% a week and this is my second tank i've never seen any thing like it. i been doin saltwater for about 3 years now. im just kind of discouraged now. i still have a coral beauty, a clown , a pj cardinal, and a scooter blenny. i hope they make it, so far they are eating good and no signs of sickness