Pink Fish

kbyahoo

Hi everyone.
I was wondering if anyone could help me. I was at a LFS a couple weeks ago, when I saw this pink fish with probably 3 white stripes lining it vertically. I bet it was about 3-5 inches. But I have no idea what kind of fish it was and I really want it know. So do you have any guessing on what it might be?
Sorry I really didn't give to much information about it. But that's all I can remember.

S

smallreef

wrasse
wrasse
cardinalfish
clownfish
anthias
any of these look like a similar body style or coloring?

btldreef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbyahoo http:///t/392830/pink-fish#post_3491933
Either Clown or Anthias
Clowns and anthias don't really have similar body types..

Red Saddled Anthias (Pseudanthias flavoguttatus) maybe?
Here's the thing, the white stripes you're describing aren't common on that many fish, UNLESS they're stressed. So it very well could be a fish that usually doesn't have those white stripes, but was stressed out in the fish store. So if you see something similar but lacking the white stripes, that very likely is the fish.

kbyahoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTLDreef http:///t/392830/pink-fish#post_3491935
Clowns and anthias don't really have similar body types..

Red Saddled Anthias (Pseudanthias flavoguttatus) maybe?
Here's the thing, the white stripes you're describing aren't common on that many fish, UNLESS they're stressed. So it very well could be a fish that usually doesn't have those white stripes, but was stressed out in the fish store. So if you see something similar but lacking the white stripes, that very likely is the fish.
Well it was more than a month ago that i saw it and can't really remember it's body type. And nope it's not a Red Saddled Anthias, but thanks for the idea.
The white stress stripes could be it but I'm not sure.

S

smallreef

Have you thought about asking the LFS??? he may have his import papers or actually remember what it was....

zinnia

I have no idea what it is we bought one a couple months ago they were called "pink ladies". This however isn't correct. Nothing i have searched has ever come up with this fish. They are quite camera shy and are good in pairs. But as for the name i have no clue...