2 weeks ago we found mold in our 600 sqft apartment. i have a 120gal reef. we notified the leasing and maintenance office and they came in and cleaned all the mold off of the walls and took off the siding on the outside of the building and inspected the plywood and vapor barrier. they found that the vapor barrier was defective and a lot of the plywood was rotted. so they replaced it. by that plywood being rotten, would that cause the sheetrock on the inside of the apt to get mold all around the base board? the mold we found was in our bedroom and in our living room which is where the tank is located. the mold was worse in the bedroom in the corners and on the windowsills and all along the windows seams. the mold in the living room was in similiar areas, but not as bad. the windows in the apartment get tons of condensation on them all the time, winter spring summer and fall. the maintenance "manager" seems to think that its the tank tahat is causing all of the mold and wants to put a dehumidifier in the apartment to see if it helps. i know it will help, but is my tank really causing all of this mold? that doesnt seem right to me. we have been in this apartment for 3.5 years and the tank has been set up the entire time and we just found the mold. i know the dehumidifier cant hurt us but i dont think it will getrid of the mold. another thing is if its the fish tank causing the mold, why dont i have any mold in my kitchen which is attatched to my living room and is very close to the tank? the wall which we found the mold on is an exterior wall meaning it gets hit by rain, snow, sun etc.... all of the wallis in the kitchen are interior walls that dont get hit by the elements at all. it is an open floor plan from the kitchen to the living room and the bedroom is completely closed off from both rooms.