Monti Coral

al&burke

Well for weeks now I have been wondering about my monti coral, the edges were really white like a 1/4inch all around. This morning woke up checked out the tank and the monti is looking great the orange goes right to the edges. Now I really do look at everything every day and night and I didn't notice this last night. Anyone else ever experience this.

spanko

The white will come back again, Tis a growth ring then the coral does some coloring up and the polyps populate. Sounds like it is doing great!

al&burke

Thanks Henry - i just thought it was weird over night it coloured up completely. Have a great day! I am looking to get a green or purple one soon.

al&burke

I know - i have a little bit of nuisance algae growing around it, it is still from when I upgraded - it is slowly going away anyways here is a shot of it. First shot is before when it had big white edges and then the second is from today

spanko

Now that I see the picture I would say this is a combination of growth ring on the outer edge as well as some small amount of bleaching, particularly in the center portion. Light shock perhaps?

al&burke

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanko http:///forum/thread/387020/monti-coral#post_3402360
Now that I see the picture I would say this is a combination of growth ring on the outer edge as well as some small amount of bleaching, particularly in the center portion. Light shock perhaps?
I was worried about this monti for a while ever since the upgrade (2 or 3 months ago). Now at least it has color over the whole coral, wait and see I guess.

keep us posted on what your results come out to be, i just added a large frag of monti from my brothers neighbor and am currently experiencing the same issue you are...white ring around the outside and some bleaching at the center portion of it where we broke off the frag. hopefully it will come back and be all orange again soon.

al&burke

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmaster78 http:///t/387020/monti-coral#post_3409803
keep us posted on what your results come out to be, i just added a large frag of monti from my brothers neighbor and am currently experiencing the same issue you are...white ring around the outside and some bleaching at the center portion of it where we broke off the frag. hopefully it will come back and be all orange again soon.
It seems to be doing fine - it has the white edges again, growing like crazy. Got a green frag monti the other week.

al&burke

Was this an orange one, some of the edge bits look almost alive, you might try breaking a piece off, it is worth a try.

spanko

I would not touch this coral. It looks to have some color to it around the edges as Al said. Let it alone, don't mess with it and I would bet it will come back with time.

yes it was an orange one...i'm hoping it will come back but we'll see..I'm going to give it another week. The tank just went through a cycle because of my laziness. However the tank seems to be recovering and i'm going to give it another week before i take it out if i don't see any improvements. Sad to see it happen since this was a frag of about 2" when i got it 3 months ago.