achilles tang

jay0705

The length is a big thing its more swimming room. The diff is tank raised are hardier, and more adjusted to living and feeding in a tank. Hippos are called ich magnets so tank raised "should" have less undesirable critters aswell.

Now there also not easy to find and generally are more costly

mauler

My LFS has a hippo that they've had for at least a year would that be considered tank raised?

jay0705

No tank raised are hatched in captivity. Like alot of clowns are now. Over a yr tho, thats along time for a lfs to have a fish.

mauler

Isn't that captive breed not tank raised? They said hes for sale but everyone just wants the juveniles. Hes probably 5-6" he looks good eat well looks disease free as far as I can tell so I'm not really sure why no ones taken him

jay0705

Wana get technical do you lol. 5-6 is a perfect size actually. The tiny 1-2 inchers have a terrible survival rate.

mauler

I've been reading that the hippo tang isn't really aggressive and that tangs are usually fine with triggers

mauler

I didn't know that I thought the snowflakes were peaceful except towards shrimp and small fish basically stuff they can't eat

jay0705

Iam not an eel guy myself. But what ive read on here as snow flakes get older they get aggressive. Ive read threads where they have cut lion fish in half

jay0705

I believe so but I dont want to give u bad info. Post in aggressive fish about a snf and see what they say

jay0705

Saxman was a lion fish expert and knew alot about eels aswell but I haven't seen him on lately

Jen2828

I've had my guy for a little over 3 years now, he's about 7 1/2". Started out in a 6 ft and has now outgrown so were in the middle of an 8 ft upgrade.

mauler

I'm still looking for one. My lfs had one come in last week but he wouldn't eat and he didn't look like he was gonna make it and I don't want to risk ordering a $200 fish.
How'd a 7 1/2" fish out grow a 6' tank?

Jen2828

Achilles swim a lot! With all of the coral and a 7" purple tang in there it was getting cramped. Here is a little bit older pic I have, the Achilles is probably about 6 1/2" or so in this pic.

mauler

Alright that makes since it does look pretty cramped my tank is pretty empty compared to yours. I wish mine looked like yours mine's pretty bland.