10 new fish today, phew all well so far.

mandy111

HI as most of you would know we took the plunge and followed the rule - add odd numbers of same family & add the altogether.
So thats exactly what we did.
Here is a quick video of all the new additions.
The only existing fish in this tank are the coral beauty and little hippo tang. all the rest are new additions.

geridoc

Wow! Beautiful fish. What size tank is that. With so many tangs you will need lots of room to avoid aggression even though they were added together. Watch carefully for an ammonia spike, so have lots of water ready for emergency water changes, or use one of the ammonia neutralizers if necessary.

mandy111

hi, @geridoc yeah thank you for all the good advice, very sensible.
I have been watching the ammonia daily, no problems so far, We had an array of larger fish that we sold recently so my bacteria is established, or I never would have attempted this. But Still watching.
The tank is 7 x 2.5 x 2.5. We have already a taken out and sold one of the powder blues, the chasing was not nice, and unfair to all other fish. No tail slapping etc but continual chase.
Any other fish that shows aggression will also be removed, We want this to work but not at the detriment to any of these beautiful creatures.
We have a storage container that we keep that holds 1000lt of natural salt water for water changes, so water wont be an issue.
I do appreciate the sensible advice though, nice to see. thanks

mandy111

WAIT!!!

Mandy, where is that beautiful copperband?????
Sold all our stock, didn't think a copperband could put up with 10 tangs in a tank, they are a lot more peaceful than tangs. Didn't want to put him at any risk, so he has gone to a new home where is the show piece fish, he is very happy.

Kristin1234

Sold all our stock, didn't think a copperband could put up with 10 tangs in a tank, they are a lot more peaceful than tangs. Didn't want to put him at any risk, so he has gone to a new home where is the show piece fish, he is very happy.

I bet! May I ask.. Was he a tough one to keep? They are my absolute favorite and would love to have one one day but hear they are super finicky. How was he? How long did you have him?

mandy111

We had him about 15 months. One if the hardest fish to get eating. Once he is though very hardy. They don't cope with aggression though. They are extremely peaceful. It actually took me 6 weeks to get him eating, he got so thin we really thought we were going to lose him for sure. With their long noses they find it really hard to catch good as such. So you have to feed enough food for it to land on rocks & sand &.give them time to eat it. Bit like my madarins.

jay0705

I don't reccomend propagating apatasia lol but copper banded butterflies do gobble it up.