New Aquarium

lmforbis

I have mine delivered to the Fedex that is close to where I work so I can stop and pick them up on my way home. You can also request saturday delivery for an additional fee. I do that if I have a big enough order for free shipping.

Chad C.

Well on a plus note, I stopped by my lfs today and got to meet the owner. He showed me the water he uses and how he filters it ( and he sells the saltwater for $1.05 a gallon). I brought up the delivery question to him and he said he would order the fish and quarantine it for me. Middle man can be a little stressful but having someone who is alot more knowledgeable then me handling the first part is beneficial.

flower

Well on a plus note, I stopped by my lfs today and got to meet the owner. He showed me the water he uses and how he filters it ( and he sells the saltwater for $1.05 a gallon). I brought up the delivery question to him and he said he would order the fish and quarantine it for me. Middle man can be a little stressful but having someone who is alot more knowledgeable then me handling the first part is beneficial.
I have done that, it's a sweet deal as long as he keeps YOUR fish separate from all of his...otherwise you still have to quarantine.

pegasus

I have done that, it's a sweet deal as long as he keeps YOUR fish separate from all of his...otherwise you still have to quarantine.
+1. If the water isn't shared between the tanks, you should be good to go. If it's communal water (shared between tanks), it's no different than having the fish in the community tanks with a bunch of other fish. It must be a completely separate system for quarantine to work. If that particular aspect wasn't specified, I'd ask before proceeding.

Chad C.

That's a great point! I gotta double check with them, but so far it sounds good. So if he does keep the water cycling through the other tanks I still need to quarantine right?