Maroon and Black ice

xTaL15

A couple of months ago, my tanked crashed. I purchased a hippo tang that had ick and it infiltrated my tank. Also had red slime algae that suffocated my corals. I put the fish in a hospital tank. I had a bonded pair of black ice, and unfortunately my female died. I recently got my tank back up (about 2 months now) and my husband purchased me 2 maroon clowns (I love them). Unfortunately, the smaller of the two was getting picked on by all the other fish, I put him in a small 3g pico, but he did not make it.

My husband also purcashed an anemone which was originally hosted by my maroon. At first my black ice wanted nothin to do with it. But now, the black ice has taken over and my maroon will not go near it. I haven't seen any form of aggression toward the maroon, but he's almost scared to go near it again.

Will my maroon be able to host it again with the black ice? And has anyone ever experienced a bond between a maroon and black ice?

lmforbis

You can rarely have 2 maroons unless you get them as a mated pair. The other thing is I am assuming your black ice is a oscelaris. More likely than not the maroon will eventually kill it. Maroons are one of the most aggressive clowns when they mature and they get big. I've seen them get to 6" in an aquarium.

jay0705

Agreed on mixing of clowns. The maroon will get much larger and much more aggressive especially if it's being hosted by a nem

xTaL15

You can rarely have 2 maroons unless you get them as a mated pair. The other thing is I am assuming your black ice is a oscelaris. More likely than not the maroon will eventually kill it. Maroons are one of the most aggressive clowns when they mature and they get big. I've seen them get to 6" in an aquarium.

Right now, the maroon is actually avoiding the, (yes) oscelaris. The oscelaris has got size advantage right now and might be able to intimidate him. Although from what you are saying, the maroon may eventually be aggressive, as he was aggressive to the other maroon. The oscelaris has actually kicked the maroon out of the anemone. Are maroons only aggressive towards other clowns?

ANNNNDDD I actually just witnessed the oscelaris' agression toward the the maroon, lol.

xTaL15

Agreed on mixing of clowns. The maroon will get much larger and much more aggressive especially if it's being hosted by a nem
He isn't be hosted now. The oscelaris has taken over. I'm actually hoping that the anemone splits, it's showing some signs.