Leather slump

Hello I just bought a devils hand leather this Saturday and since it's been in my tank it's continued to slump over more and more I'm just wondering if it's a normal behaviour while it gets used to its new home pictures show it in the bag before I added it to the tank on Saturday and then a few hours ago.(Sunday night)

Attachments

silverado61

Did you acclimate it before you put it in your tank? If so, how did you acclimate it and how long did it take you?

silverado61

Corals should take twice as long to acclimate. Did you acclimate for temperature? What did you do with the water you took out of the bag? Corals also should be QT'd and dipped for nasties hitchhiking On the coral.
That being said, it's probably pissed off at its new environment. Give it a few days and if it doesn't perk up then something is effecting it. Most likely the acclamation time.

Corals should take twice as long to acclimate. Did you acclimate for temperature? What did you do with the water you took out of the bag? Corals also should be QT'd and dipped for nasties hitchhiking On the coral.
That being said, it's probably pissed off at its new environment. Give it a few days and if it doesn't perk up then something is effecting it. Most likely the acclamation time.

The water from the bag was discarded. And temp was the first thing I matched once that was on par I stared exchanging the water. I've only had zoas and mushrooms until this point and this is what I did for them so I'm pretty green in the coral world. What do you use for your dip?

silverado61

Don't mention it. That's what we're all here for.

It does look much better.

Just a footnote: Next time they also need to be acclimated to your lighting. Ramp the lighting down some before you put the coral in. Then over the next few days, slowly ramp it back up to what the corals need.

Good luck