Hair algae issue!

PoppyD88

I have so much hair algae in my tank, it’s on the glass, it’s on the filter intake stick, and on my live rock. I have invertebrates, a blenny and a Goby but none of them are keeping up with the hair algae. What should i do? I have a 55 gallon tank, nine fish, and I started the tank two months ago. Ammonia and nitrI have so much hair algae in my tank, it’s on the glass, it’s on the filter intake stick, and on my live rock. I have invertebrates, a blenny and a Goby but none of them are keeping up with the hair algae. What should i do?ite levels are at zero. nitrate is at 10ppm.

PoppyD88

I feed them twice everyday, i always scoop out the left overs, but im going to start feeding them once a day

Reefing_with_John

Administrator
Staff member
I feed them twice everyday, i always scoop out the left overs, but im going to start feeding them once a day
2 times a day is way to much. They always look like they are hungry so I know it’s hard to not feed. I would switch to every other day that’s how often I feed and I don’t have algae issues

PoppyD88

2 times a day is way to much. They always look like they are hungry so I know it’s hard to not feed. I would switch to every other day that’s how often I feed and I don’t have algae issues
What time do you feed them every other day, like mid day or morning or night