Anthias

jay0705

Who has experience with these? Iam considering getting some. I've stayed away for awhile because I've heard they can be tough to keep. Thoughts?

lmforbis

I don’t have any but also have been considering them for a long time. I think the big issue is food and swimming space. They need to be fed several times a day. I recently bought an Apex Controller so I can monitor my tank while I’m in the Philippines in March. Last time I went on a dive trip and left my husband in charge we had a power outage which killed my return pump. Not my husband’s fault but it would be nice if I could turn things off from anyplace in the world instead of working by text and photos. I also bought the apex auto feeder which works amazingly. I can set the feeding times from my iPad. Because of that feeder, I am seriously considering giving anthea a shot next time I see a nice trio on DD.

jay0705

I don’t have any but also have been considering them for a long time. I think the big issue is food and swimming space. They need to be fed several times a day. I recently bought an Apex Controller so I can monitor my tank while I’m in the Philippines in March. Last time I went on a dive trip and left my husband in charge we had a power outage which killed my return pump. Not my husband’s fault but it would be nice if I could turn things off from anyplace in the world instead of working by text and photos. I also bought the apex auto feeder which works amazingly. I can set the feeding times from my iPad. Because of that feeder, I am seriously considering giving anthea a shot next time I see a nice trio on DD.
I was waiting for you to reply. I thought you had some. That seems to be the big issue with them is multiple feedings. I do keep macro in my display for pods. I have pods in my filtration aswell. Idk if its enough of a population to substitute in between feedings tho.

lmforbis

Not yet. I keep waffling. Im ready to do it if the right fish show up.

Probably not enough food since pods are so small.

2quills

I've tried a couple of sets of them without much luck. They seem to like to attack each other like damsels until there's only one left after a couple of months. But they are beautiful and those colors really pop in a tank. Lyretails are my favorites.