Need NANO sand sifter???

meowzer

I am looking for a sandsifter for my 29G
I now have 1 chalk basslet, 1 citron goby, 1 zebra goby, 1 SallyLightfoot, 1 bristle star, 1 peppermint shrimp....snails....
Any ideas what would be a good sand sifter for this tank, that would get along with the current inhabitants?
I believe this would be my last addition (fishwise)
P.S. Will a Yellow watchman goby get along with the zebra????

evasquez

I have a small fighting conch who does a good job and luckily my yellow watchman does good work too!
12 gallon cube

nissan577

well i did some little research and i got this in many places:
*They may fight over territory with other goby species.
*Compatible Tank Mates : Avoid keeping them with other gobies unless you have a very large tank.
so really mom i wouldnt risk it. maybe a starfish or horseshoe lol

meowzer

Originally Posted by nissan577
http:///forum/post/3180105
well i did some little research and i got this in many places:
*They may fight over territory with other goby species.
*Compatible Tank Mates : Avoid keeping them with other gobies unless you have a very large tank.
so really mom i wouldnt risk it. maybe a starfish or horseshoe lol

LOL....A star or a horseshoe
Are they fish

Come on I want one more fish for this tank....I was hoping for one that would also help with the sand...IF NOT
any suggestions what fish???

bender77

What about an Orange Spotted Goby (Amblyeleotris guttata)?
The Orange Spotted Goby, also known as the Spotted Prawn Goby or Orange Spotted Shrimp Goby, was first discovered in the Western Pacific in 1938. Its body is white with orange spots outlined in brown. It has the ability to form symbiotic partnerships with nearly blind alpheid shrimp. It provides a watchful eye while the shrimp digs a burrow for them to share.
It is best suited for aquariums that are 10 gallons or larger which have adequate hiding places along with ample swimming space. The aquarium should have a tight-fitting lid to prevent it from jumping out. The Orange Spotted Goby adapts well to reef aquariums, although it does pose a possible threat to small, delicate ornamental shrimp. It prefers a bed of fine sand and loose coral rubble to sift through.
It is possible for the Orange Spotted Goby to spawn successfully in an aquarium.
Its diet should consist of a variety of fresh or frozen mysis shrimp, vitamin-enriched brine shrimp, and table shrimp. It should be fed at least twice per day.

meowzer

Originally Posted by bender77
http:///forum/post/3180198
What about an Orange Spotted Goby (Amblyeleotris guttata)?
The Orange Spotted Goby, also known as the Spotted Prawn Goby or Orange Spotted Shrimp Goby, was first discovered in the Western Pacific in 1938. Its body is white with orange spots outlined in brown. It has the ability to form symbiotic partnerships with nearly blind alpheid shrimp. It provides a watchful eye while the shrimp digs a burrow for them to share.
It is best suited for aquariums that are 10 gallons or larger which have adequate hiding places along with ample swimming space. The aquarium should have a tight-fitting lid to prevent it from jumping out. The Orange Spotted Goby adapts well to reef aquariums, although it does pose a possible threat to small, delicate ornamental shrimp. It prefers a bed of fine sand and loose coral rubble to sift through.
It is possible for the Orange Spotted Goby to spawn successfully in an aquarium.
Its diet should consist of a variety of fresh or frozen mysis shrimp, vitamin-enriched brine shrimp, and table shrimp. It should be fed at least twice per day.
But will it get along with the zebra goby?????

meowzer

Originally Posted by spanko
http:///forum/post/3180225
Why do you want something to sift the sand in a small tank like this?
I was thinking of adding one more thing, and thought a sand sifter of some sort would be good

I have been looking around, and see that most are better off in larger tanks though

SOOOOO....I think I may just look into a fish of some sort for my last and final fish addition....maybe HAHA