new chalice frag

mr_x

IMO, easy to keep medium light and medium flow. they react well when target fed meaty foods .

A

alexmir

i will get a pic of my colony later, its around 6-7 inches across. Their not hard to keeep, just expensive. That is a really nice piece.

mr_x

no kholla...from captain nemos believe it or not. i was over there trading in some of my browned out sps that hadn't yet recovered from the power outtage, and spotted this piece.

aquaguy24

so if they grown their own skeleton..will they do well on the sand bed..by the way that thing looks sweeeet..one of the nicer chalice i've seen..

saltn00b

Originally Posted by Kevin34
http:///forum/post/2803709
what exactly are chalices lol. I mean how do they grow and everything? I have never seen a colony sized one. just small frags. all I know is that they are EXPENSIVE. at least a lot of the ones I have seen.
here is my lava / volcano / fire chalice before i moved. it was high up in the tank, and now that the rock that it is on is on the sandbed (not the coral itself mind you) it is growing much faster. they are slow growers in general though.

beautiful piece MR X

mr_x

hmm..i have one i purchased a while ago and when it came in it was black. the guy called it something that had to do with it's color...midnight something or other...
i kept it in the tank for a while and it turned into this-

saltn00b

looks like the same one i got. or similar anyway.
i like to put them on rocks because they encrust along the surface easier than i would presume just growing outward on their own in sand.