new chalice frag

mr_x

did someone name this thing yet? it certainly deserves one. if no one had named it, i'm going to call it an Aussie "Christmas Chalice".

ibew41

if it is a bleeding chalice I cant wait for one of my lfs to get them .how far from buffalo ny are you because you have some of the best coral I have seen

mr_x

there is another one at the store i was at today. i was tempted to purchase both of them.

kevin34

what exactly are chalices lol. I mean how do they grow and everything? I have never seen a colony sized one. just small frags. all I know is that they are EXPENSIVE. at least a lot of the ones I have seen.

paintballer768

Chalices encrust, and then grow out into a disk type form. The bumps (eyes) have sweeper tentacles at night. Someone should have a pic of a colony on here

kholla12

Originally Posted by Mr_X
http:///forum/post/2803630
there is another one at the store i was at today. i was tempted to purchase both of them.
What store was it Ill be up in phily this week end maybe if its close ill stop in and see if they still have one and pick myself up one.

jeanheckle

I know where he got it, I think we should have a bidding war. Or maybe I'll run up there first thing before work,,,

bizzleb01

That thing is awesome. I've seen some at my LFS and thought they looked pretty cool but I don't know anything about what they need as far as lighting and what not.
Are they a difficult coral to keep and what are the flow and lighting requirements?