New LTA, wondering if foot looks damaged

Discussion in 'Clownfish & Anemones' started by yoyosponge, Jul 16, 2017.

1. yoyosponge

yoyosponge New Member

Hey guys! First post on swf.
    SO I purchased a gorgeous LTA from my local fish store yesterday. I asked very specifically for the guy to be careful with the foot. He managed to get the anem out of the display tank surprisingly fast. When I looked at it, the foot looked intact so i purchased it. Got it home, dug a little hole in the sand for him to settle in after acclimation and he seemed fine.
    This morning, i guess the current shifted a little bit as i was doing stuff in the tank and the LTA ended up rolling out of his hole, so I worked him into a corner and set up some little stones so he wouldn't blow around.
    I'm posting a photo of a white spot on his foot that I'm concerned about. Overall do you guys think this is a healthy foot?

Attached Files:

2. lmforbis

lmforbis Administrator Staff Member

Looks intact to me. Nems will find their own happy place.

3. yoyosponge

yoyosponge New Member

Getting a good feeding response from him today so keeping high hopes! Thanks for the response Imforbis!

4. yoyosponge

yoyosponge New Member

update: the foot was damaged, that hole never healed. the anem never settled and got worse over the previous weeks. spat its guts out 2 days a go and a shrimp ripped them apart. put it out of its misery this morning. just goes to show how careful you have to be.