So...After a 5 hour hospital visit...

nw2salt08

I am feeling much MUCH better. For the last two days I have had horrible, sharp pain in my right lower abdomen, vomiting and fever. It was just awful. I came in with dehydration so they gave me two bags of IV fluids and went on morphine for the pain. They did some tests and exams. A CT scan and an ultrasound. Turns out that I have multiple ovarian cysts in both ovaries. One in the right being 4 CM in diameter alone!!!
After 20cc's of morphine, 5 cc's of another pain med and 5 hours at the hospital I'm finally home. Well, that last pain med they administered made me horribly sick to my stomach... yack! I am finally feeling half way decent. Looks like more meds and a follow up with the doctor. YAY! lol

flower

Originally Posted by Nw2Salt08
http:///forum/post/3101025
I am feeling much MUCH better. For the last two days I have had horrible, sharp pain in my right lower abdomen, vomiting and fever. It was just awful. I came in with dehydration so they gave me two bags of IV fluids and went on morphine for the pain. They did some tests and exams. A CT scan and an ultrasound. Turns out that I have multiple ovarian cysts in both ovaries. One in the right being 4 CM in diameter alone!!!
After 20cc's of morphine, 5 cc's of another pain med and 5 hours at the hospital I'm finally home. Well, that last pain med they administered made me horribly sick to my stomach... yack! I am finally feeling half way decent. Looks like more meds and a follow up with the doctor. YAY! lol

Poor thing! Are they going to remove the cysts? My sister suffered this...so I know your miserable...I don't understand why they sent you home.

ironeagle2006

Should not I have a SIL that had multiple Ovarivan cysts and she still had 2 kids among other female issues so it can be done.

meowzer

Sorry to hear it, at least they found it and you can get it taken care of.
I'll be thinking of you.

nw2salt08

They aren't going to take it out. I have to wait for it to burst to have some relief. They said it'll hurt for a few hours since the one on the right is so large but that's what the medication is for. Basically, my hormones are messed up causing me to produce several cysts. Generally, a cyst forms in a woman's ovaries to grow an egg for ovulation but sometimes this can grow out of proportion if your hormones aren't normal. This is where I'm at. I have gained 13lbs in the two days before I went to the hospital because of the hormone imbalance. I can still have children if I so choose. I will continue to have issues though because of the polycystic ovarian disease and endometriosis. The doctor said that basically the only time I'll be comfortable is when I am pregnant!

So a full hysterectomy looks like something I may have to venture in the future.

flower

http:///forum/post/3101419
They aren't going to take it out. I have to wait for it to burst to have some relief. They said it'll hurt for a few hours since the one on the right is so large but that's what the medication is for. Basically, my hormones are messed up causing me to produce several cysts. Generally, a cyst forms in a woman's ovaries to grow an egg for ovulation but sometimes this can grow out of proportion if your hormones aren't normal. This is where I'm at. I have gained 13lbs in the two days before I went to the hospital because of the hormone imbalance. I can still have children if I so choose. I will continue to have issues though because of the polycystic ovarian disease and endometriosis. The doctor said that basically the only time I'll be comfortable is when I am pregnant!

So a full hysterectomy looks like something I may have to venture in the future.

I will Keep you in prayer....

nw2salt08

Thanks! I'm just happy that I'm not in pain right now and that I can finally enjoy food without it revisiting within a few minutes.
I'll keep you guys posted. I have to go back to the "woman" doctor tomorrow for a follow up and further treatment plan in the future.
Just when I thought that my issues were through something else comes along. lol Oh well...
what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger!

nw2salt08

And they put me on progesterone therapy to try to shrink my cysts. Supposed to take that for a month and then come back for another ultrasound to see if the cysts have changed. If they don't, then I have to do some blood draws to check for tumor markers....let's hope this works.

flower

http:///forum/post/3103946
And they put me on progesterone therapy to try to shrink my cysts. Supposed to take that for a month and then come back for another ultrasound to see if the cysts have changed. If they don't, then I have to do some blood draws to check for tumor markers....let's hope this works.
Fingers crossed, and prayer going up for you...keep us posted..we care

nw2salt08

I know you all do. That's why I come here. You're my support while my husband is away. Love you guys!!! ~hugs~