0.75 gallon ?

daredevil

I just got a 0.75 gallon tank from my LFS and I filled it up with water from my display(been setup and established for 8 months) and LS from my tank. I bought a small piece of LR from my LFS and it smelt kinda fishy. Will it start a cycle? I tested the water on the third day and the ammonia reads 0.25. I'm asking cause in my 29 I got a hitchhiker button polyp who survived the cycle and took I a piece of LR with him on it and its floating now in the bag. My main question out of all of this is if the 0.75 gallon tank will cycle cause of the fishy smelling LR?

daredevil

So will the tank just cycle again or have a mini cycle (like 5 days)? So much for moving my button polyp. Last ?, should I take the chance and put the button polyp in my 0.75 with strong lighting and c if it survives another cycle,or put it in my display and just watch it fade in color everyday and die a slow death? thanks
I have to wait everyday and be paranoid until my tank cycles again!!!????
:mad: :mad:
NNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

bigarn

The length of the cycle depends on the amount of die-off from the rock. I'd put the polyps in the display until the cycle is done. :D

daredevil

would it be ok, after is cycles, to put in the polyps, a hermit crab, and corals. could I fit a small pepermint shrimp?

lefty

I wouldn't put a shrimp in a .75g. Parameter stability may be an issue with a tank that small. I'm not sure corals could be kept safely in one of that size. :)
-lefty