1 degree swing

fulcrum

I have a seahorse tank that I keep at a relativeley lower temperature by means of a chiller. I'm pretty new to the chiller arena, and so far not exactly thrilled with the performance. It defintely cools, but I'm having a 1 degree temp swing. If my tank vasilates between 75 and 75.8 degrees all day long, is that too much of a temp swing?
How much of a temp swing is considered too stressful?

i would really like to know this answer as well. mine varies a couple degrees between night and mid day due to the light and general room temp. i have never thought that it could be a problem but now that you are asking, maybe i have just been ignorant to the situation.

cam78

I really don't know much about seahorses but I would be shocked if 1 degree swing would make a diffrence. Curious though.

torno

Are you kidding? Before I got air conditioning in my room my seahorse tank would go from around 74 in the day to the upper eighties at night with no ill effects. Of course, this wouldn't be healthy long term, but your .8 temperature swing isn't gonna hurt anything. Heck, you get that just from turning the light on and off.

thats what i was thinking. i think it would be darn close to impossible to have the water stay the same all the time. well, nothing is impossible with the right amount of money :thinking: